Thread: Repro Weapons?

Hybrid View

Repro Weapons?

This is my first time in the "Vintage" section, so forgive me if this has been discussed. I recently broke out my vintage collection and realized I am missing some weapons/accessories. I see online at several sites that there are "repro" weapons for sale, most often at quite a cheaper price. I was wondering what the difference is in the "repro" weapons, and if one can tell a difference between authentic weapons and the reproduced ones. Any help would be appreciated!

From what I've seen,it's basically a difference in color.

The repro weapons are made of "harder" plastic than the originals and, strangely enough, seem to be more detailed. The most obvious difference is the coloring. Many repros use black and shades of grey as opposed to the blue/blue green originals.

Occasionally, they are the same color. I purchased a biker scout repro, and other than texture, it is almost identical to my original.

If you do buy them and one day your going to sell your collection make sure you say that the weapons are repros!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Look for the shine, color, texture, thickness, and keep your known originals set a side for comparison.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane