Thread: Sales?

Sales?

Any other chislers out there like me? I was wondering if anyone has seen any good sales? When do you think we will see a good sale at the major chains? Buy one get one or 2 for $7 was a sale I think K-Mart ran a month or 2 after Ep. II was released. So far the best sale I've seen was Target the Sunday after Midnight Madness had basic figs for $5.
    Last edited by waboritas; 04-20-2005 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Sales?

I think the figs are a little too new for any store to be running much of a big sale on them, though K-marts was probably most notable simply because they actually knocked the price down by $1.50 or so, two figures could be had for $11, but even then thats a little over the price you would pay at Walmart anyways, so i wouldnt consider it much of a sale in the sense of getting things at a cheap price. Maybe prior to the movies premiere or the weekend immediately after its opening will we see a chain try to cash in on its hype, but i wouldnt count on it right now.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I think the next big sale will be release weeknd. STores will make the push to sell motre as Kids leave the theatres. Alsothe spoiler free collectors who have been avoiding the toy depts will be out as well. And grifters like me, getting my lay-a-ways matched to a lower price.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I quickly scanned the sales papers last Sunday and was dissappointed to see no sales. I would assume places will be running specials as the movie gets closer.

The best I saw was a few weeks back, when Meijer ran a sale that if you bought six dollars worth of Kiebler stuff, you got $5.00 any SW toy purhcase. I used it on a basic figure and got it for a buck, plus a few packages of cookies I was goping to buy anyway. Not bad.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Oh I'm sure the retailers will start having sales. My local Target and Walmart are sitting loads of figures. I know the less popular Jedi are populating most of the pegs here. I'll wait... eventually they will want to make room for other stuff, Target always prices stuff to go when it's been sitting on their shelves for a while.