Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Top 3 worst lead vocalists in a rock band?

Angel Dust is a GREAT record and I am especially fond of the song RV "Yeahhh I sweat alot."
    Underrated is the King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime album (recorded after Jim Martin left the band).

I thought of saying Marilyn Manson as well because he has bothered me since the first time I heard him/her.

The Nickelback guy is not very good either and I personally don't care for Geddy Lee's voice but I don't dislike him as I do these other fellers.

The only song I can't stand is RV. I reallyl like "Be Aggressive" with the kids singing especially at the end. GO, FIGHT, GO, FIGHT, GO, FIGHT, WINNNNNNNNNN.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

"Just A Man" from KFAD,FFAL is the first song that comes to my mind whenever the discussion turns to "What song should have been released as a single and would've been a big hit, but for some reason wasn't?"

With respect to Geddy, I agree he's talented, but I can't stand to listen to him. He gives me a splitting headache. But I'd totally blocked Marilyn Manson out of my memory and someone resurrected the suppressed memories. So he easily displaces Mr Lee.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 04-22-2005 at 05:36 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    You stole Fred Durst and Stapp from my list...

Ha ha. I was thinking of those two dudes also. Truly craptacular. I'd add the lead "singer" of Korn, and the guy from Counting Crows. He sounds like he's about to cry at the drop of a hat...plus those wannabe dreds are friggin ridiculous.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The dude from Grim Reaper. "Stop- in the name of all that which does not suck!"

The Counting Crows dude. I don't care if he was getting with J. Aniston when everybody loved her, I cannot abide vocalists who whine as they sing. Oh, look, Mandy C. beat me to it.

David Lee Rothstein. I know he was a great front man, but he never was much of a singer.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

1. Lead singer Our Lady Peace (R.M.)

2. Lead singer of Rush (G.L.)

3. Lead singer of G & R (A.R.)

Worst lead singer in general (Brittney Spears)
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    The dude from Grim Reaper. "Stop- in the name of all that which does not suck!"
    Oh man, that guys hysterical to watch. I remember Beavis and Butthead used a few of their videos and specifically made fun of the lead singer.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

wanna keep the Grim Reaper bashing down to a dull roar, fellows ????
    Someone stole my GR collection a few years back and I'm still getting over it.....

PS that guy was so over-the-top it is insane... I believe his name is Steve Grimmett (and he'll make you an offer you cannot refuse, little Reaper quotation for the fanz )
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    The Counting Crows dude. I don't care if he was getting with J. Aniston when everybody loved her,
    It was Courtney Cox. I totally agree though, I don't like that guy's singing AT ALL.

---------------

Oh man ExPort, I can't believe you don't like RV ! ! !

"I hate you
    Talkin' to myself
    Everybody's starin' at me
    I'm only bleedin'"

It's not that Geddy Lee of Rush can't sing, it's that his voice is very high pitched. In fact a good friend of mine thought for the longest time that Lee was a girl because of his shrill voice.

My vote for worst vocalist goes to the gawd awful P. Diddy. Although he isn't technically a lead singer of a band, just listening him butcher the Police's "Every Breath You Take" and Matthew Wilder's "Break My Stride" makes you wonder how this guy became famous in the first place.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.