Poll: Star Wars Miniatures or Attacktix?

I was thinking of getting some for a role playing game I have been dreaming up but I don't know which is better.

The Miniatures look very nice. While expensive at the comic book store, I think I could get them cheap on ebay.

Attactix are available at Wal Mart, where I shop all the time, so I can buy them more often since I don't get to the comic book store much. But they look cheap and more geared toward kids.

What do you think is the better brand?
    Last edited by BoShek; 04-21-2005 at 01:16 PM.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Re: Poll: Star Wars Miniatures or Attacktix?

It really depends on how into the "game" you are. I haven't played the minitures game, but the Attacktix game pretty much consists of knocking everything over. :P *re-reads your post*

Whoops. Well, if you are looking to use them for a RPG, I would most likely go with the minitures. The Atacktix figures have giant rocket launchers on all of them but the "lightsaber" characters. I really think the Attacktix figures are cool, but I also enjoy playing the game with my son, and enjoy the stylization of the figures.
    [I][B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]You cannot live until you have something to die for.

Do you believe we were created for a purpose? I believe I was created to kill you... [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

I took a closer look at Attactix today and um yeah they are not the droids I am looking for.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Well I bought a Rebel Storm starter and booster today. I love them. I just hope I can get boosters at a good price somewhere!

Exclamation Re: Poll: Star Wars Miniatures or Attacktix?

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    I was thinking of getting some for a role playing game I have been dreaming up but I don't know which is better.

The Miniatures look very nice. While expensive at the comic book store, I think I could get them cheap on ebay.

Attactix are available at Wal Mart, where I shop all the time, so I can buy them more often since I don't get to the comic book store much. But they look cheap and more geared toward kids.

What do you think is the better brand?
    Attacktix