Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question FX Lightsaber problems?

I've been reading about some of the problems with the FX lightsabers such as the flickering or broken LED's in the blade. I just received my Anakin ROTS FX saber and i was hoping if anyone who has had problems can clarify this for me...

near the middle of the blade, there is a single round spot that isnt totally dark, but is somewhat darker than the rest of the blade. I may be paranoid (I always am with my collectibles) but im hoping this isnt a busted LED. Little flaws and uncertainties like that really drive me insane...

If anyone is familiar with this particular problem, please let me (and any others who may be wondering the same thing) know. Thanks in advance.

and yes... i'm a n00b. this is my first post. >_<

Re: FX Lightsaber problems?

I read somewhere that the FX sabers work better with Duracell batteries.

If your not using them, that might help.
    [i][color=red][b][QUOTE][i][color=red][b]Is it possible to learn this power?[/b][/color][/i][/QUOTE][/b][/color][/i]
    [b][url="http://www.the-jedi-temple.co.uk/Props.html"][color=blue]My Collection[/color][/url] (Updated 21st April)[/b]

using fresh duracells at the present moment

I bought the Luke ROTJ Lightsaber a couple years ago and my blade ending up breaking off from the hilt. They do warn you over and again not to "fight" with them, which I absolutely did not. Mine was simply nicely displayed on my wall using the stand they give you for it and I noticed after awhile that the blade started bending more and more and one day I took it off the wall and the thing just broke off. I could have had it sitting on the display stand wrong, but I doubt it. I still bought the Luke & Vader ESB sabers last year and I love both of them, I'm just afraid to display them on their stands, so they sit in their boxes until I want to take them out for a "spin".

Ryno, that is the fear I had which caused me to display my 2 FXs upright, with the weight bearing totally down on the hilt instead of partially on the blade. I haven't had ANY troubles since then.

MooMoo, (what a name ) if there's a dark spot, it could indeed be a dead LED, I suggest you contact their customer support and see what they say, they'll probably just replace it by having you send back the battery hatch and holder (that's what happened with another of our forum members who had a return).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hi, I also have the Anakin FX and have the same problem, I made the clerk in the store open Two more lightsabers and they had the same problem.

I had to return the first Anakin blue FX lightsaber I bought about a week ago. The first 1/4 of the blade from the handle starting to flicker, and then went out. I exchanged it for another one that is working fine for now...so far. I display my Anakin and Darth Vader FX lightsabers on their stands on a shelf on the wall in a horizontal position. I hope the blades don't eventually fall off! That has me worried!
    Last edited by BigBuck71; 04-30-2005 at 01:49 AM. Reason: I wanted to add more content.
    "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me." - Luke Skywalker to Emperor Palpatine, in "Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi"

Seems like lots of the Anakin Sabers have this problem... The thing that sucks for mis is that i bought my saber off ebay, and i havent gotten an email back from the seller about the problem.

Does anyone know if Authorized MR retailers have some sort of warranty/connection with the official MR site? i heard that if you tell the MR representatives that you bought a saber from an Authorized retailer, they would assist you like you bought direct from them. Anyone have any idea if this is true?

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take a minute to talk about the "dark spot" towards the middle of the Anakin FX. The reason there is a small part that seems to be darker is because that is where the two LED lights strands had to be soudered together. It is in the design, not a defect. You can see it better on the blue because it is a lighter color. If this is the problem you are experiencing it will not do any good to replace it as they are all like that. If you are having different problems please email us at customerservice@masterreplicas.com and we will gladly replace it for you.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Ryno, that is the fear I had which caused me to display my 2 FXs upright, with the weight bearing totally down on the hilt instead of partially on the blade. I haven't had ANY troubles since then.

MooMoo, (what a name ) if there's a dark spot, it could indeed be a dead LED, I suggest you contact their customer support and see what they say, they'll probably just replace it by having you send back the battery hatch and holder (that's what happened with another of our forum members who had a return).

Thanks a lot, that gives me peace of mind.