General Grievous (Exploding Body) #36 Variant

I picked up a General Grievous (Exploding Body) #36 a couple weeks ago, along with a Red Sabered Palpatine, and noticed that Grievous's forearm was not painted silver down the center. The whole arm was white, and lacked the grey/silver of the inner forearm mechanisms. Has anyone else seen this, I only say itís a variant since all of the exploding Grievous figures that came out at Target Burbank today have fully painted forearms.

Re: General Grievous (Exploding Body) #36 Variant

If all the ones you saw except the one you own have paint, yours isn't a variant. A variant is a planned change to a figure, such as the Red and Blue Royal Guards. What you have is simply an error, nothing more.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    If all the ones you saw except the one you own have paint, yours isn't a variant. A variant is a planned change to a figure, such as the Red and Blue Royal Guards. What you have is simply an error, nothing more.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Jar Jar Binks (hehehe) We dont know for sure if it is , or is not. That is why you fail. No just kidd'n. I dont know if it is, i just want to know if there are others out there. If not then i have a goofy looking Grevious, but something tells me that this may be a variant, like the Blue saber Palpatine i picked up at the same time.
    Last edited by Zabbaca; 04-22-2005 at 04:17 PM.

yea they Chinese girl who painted your figure wanted to go to lunch.

Hahahhah, hehehe, you kill me!

Right now, it's just an error, if we find a number more of them with this exact same change, that's what will make it a variation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by eshulmire
    yea they Chinese girl who painted your figure wanted to go to lunch.
    Interesting you should mention that. That would actually make a good documentary about Chinese workers slaving away in a factory to make toys for greedy Americans. I always wondered what they think about all of this (Star Wars, that is). It's no wonder that they can't keep track of little details like who gets a red or a blue lightsaber. If you got paid $1.97 an hour to make toys, would you care whether or not some kid gets his action figure with the right colored saber or if it's even on the right card?

Somebody better give Michael Moore a call about this...