Thread: Comic Con 2005

Comic Con 2005

It may seem a bit early for this, with C3 coming up, but the San Diego Comic Con is less than two months away.

So, who's planning to make the trip this year? And what SW (and other) goodies will there be for us this time around?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Comic Con 2005

Er, it's 3 months away, July 14th-17th.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Toh-may-toh, toh-mah-toh, JT. One man's two months is another man's three months.

I think I'll try Saturday again, as my weekday schedule makes Thursday or Friday tough. As for SW freebees, I'm looking forward to the ROTS DVD, the Lars Homestead Stormtrooper Attack Cinema Scene, and Topps Holiday Special card set.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Okay, I did some bad math in college. So sue me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'll have the papers drawn up in the morning, a process server will be contacting you shortly after that.

Seriously though, 3 months is a quarter of a year, I have no idea what my schedule will permit in that time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll be there. My holidays are booked - we travel on July 12th to Anaheim and will be in SoCal until the 20th. I'm hoping to spend one night in SD, provided I can find a hotel room reasonably close to the show AND affordably priced and 2 days at the con. If an SSG get together is being planned for one of the evenings, please let me know so that I can finallize plans with my wife regarding which night I'll be away from them.

Any tips on how to travel to SD from Anaheim would be great, along with any suggestions for suitable accomodations in SD. We took the train last time to SD from LA, and it was beautiful. Not sure if that will work for getting to the con though.

As far as swag goes, I'm hoping to submit 3 books for grading and pick up any SW exclusive 3.75" stuff that might be available (Holo Leia????).

Thanks, and with any luck I'll see a few of you there.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The real question is....who wants to pick me up a holo leah?

...that is, permitting the line to get them wont be as bad as the c3 store line...
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

Yeah, I'd like to put in a request for a Holo Leia as well (or other exclusive 3.75" figures/scenes). I'd gladly pay for the price and some extra for the time.