Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Titanium 6" vehicles : The new Action Fleet ?

Maybe, maybe not. Hasbro has announced the two first vehicles planned for this fall at CIII : A Millenium Falcon and a Darth Vader's Tie fighter. The other vehicles should not be ready before 2006. Hasbro hasn't decided yet if the 6" line will replace Action Fleet or if they will try an AF revival next year. All options are open.

Make them both.

A Falcon and a Vader's Tie. Not really surprising but their success will depend on their shape and quality (casting, painting, proportions, clear canopies, landing gears, base or stands, etc...).
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Re: Titanium 6" vehicles : The new Action Fleet ?

A Millenium Falcon and a Darth Vader's Tie fighter? How pathetically predictable. I've got 6 Falcons and 13 Vader TIEs (including classic duels, Zaaps, Saga and battle damaged variations). God forbid they kick off an AF replacement line with something that would ignite massive interest, like maybe a TIE Defender & E-Wing. I know the counter-argument, so don't bother,,,, "The Defender & E-Wing don't have the widespread, instant recognition of the canon vehicles."

Bite me. When does Hasbro FOR ONCE do something to reward the real collectors who've invested YEARS and hundreds - some of us Thousands of DOLLARS?

How about a re-sculpt for the solar sailer? In die-cast, they might be able to make a more accurate rendering while maintaining structural strength.

...added in reply to below from darktrooper7:
    while some ppl have 13 vader TIEs, you probably have double that number of xwings
    close... 22. But not to worry, that'll be wave 2 of the 6" titaniums: X-wing + AT-AT, right?
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 04-24-2005 at 02:46 PM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

ooooh joy...another vader TIE, which is possibly this crappest TIE design in term on looks (IMHO), and yet another falcon. Hasbro went the right way with the new sculpts for the small Titianiums, which have sold like hot cakes, so why not do the same for the 6"?

Well i guess we can be happy its not an x-wing...while some ppl have 13 vader TIEs, you probably have double that number of xwings so maybe thats a small consulation

Well hopefully they will release some new ROTS and ATOC designs, but hopefully AF as well. But somehow i doubt we will get both....hope im wrong though

To think about ALL the unproduced vehicles that Hasbro could use to re-launch AF and they pick the Falc and VT!!!

This is incredible.

Appauled.

BC3

I can't believe this. I am afraid they're just gonna trot out those overused AF molds again, shoot 'em in metal instead of plastic and call it something new. The worst part, I probably WILL buy the Falcon despite that error in judgement on their part; no way I'm buying a 4th friggin' AF-scale DV TIE though, the 3 I own already are too much. And why that damn TIE again when there are plenty of better fish in the sea, snowspeeder, X-wing, Ep 1 Droid Starfighter, Royal Starship, really there's an endless list of AF molds I'd rather see in Die cast than the DV TIE.

Of course, NEW molds would be much cooler, but I'm assuming this is like the Titaniums 3" line where the first wave has to be cheaper to survive.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Of course, NEW molds would be much cooler, but I'm assuming this is like the Titaniums 3" line where the first wave has to be cheaper to survive.
    That's really odd though. I mean looking at the last time the AF came out, the ones that EVERYBODY tried to get were the new molds, and those were the ones that didn't make it out in good quantity because of the reused stuff. If you're going to start a completely different line, surely it would be better to use stuff nobody's seen before? I mean, they have the molds to the Gunship and the Jedi Starfighter, why not kick off the line that way?

True the Falcon is an iconic ship and it MIGHT sell assuming the detail is great and theres actually something unique about it, but DV's TIE? They should try something more iconic like Boba Fett's Slave 1, or the AT-AT. A die-cast AF scale AT-AT would probably be one of the best ways they could kick off the line.

If they don't offer something new or more exciting by the second wave, I see this line failing just as badly or worse considering the pricepoint.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

You took the words right out my mouth JT, they most likely will use the old molds for this "new" line. However, when did Hasbro ever done the Action Fleet??? What they did was a CHEAP copy.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Thumbs down Re: Titanium 6" vehicles : The new Action Fleet ?

No more TIE and Falcon. I need Action Fleet!!
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I think Hasbro should bring back the action fleet line,
    but not the same old ships.
    Why not release the Zam Wesell and Anakin speeders?
    I think an action fleet Hailfire droid would be great, and
    also a geonosian starfighter, plus they have a lot of
    new ships and vehicles from rots.
    I agree that cranking out these old ships sucks!!!!!!!!!!

RALPH

Is it just me or does everyone think Hasbro has no clue why their AF sold so poorly in stores? I mean everyone who collected Galoobs AF has like 2 of each ship. Save for the E-WING, TIE Defender, and Sail Barge. And they go and RE-release the same ships we all had. Had Hasbro released the later waves, like Zam and Ani's speeders, the AF would still be in stores. And I don't think this 6" DC line will be a new Action Fleet. I think that Targets Micro Collection might become Hasbro's NEW Action Fleet, but unlike the original the mini-figs won't be possible. Just a thought .
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!