Star Tours Revamp for the 20th!!!!

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat.../dlr050425.htm

All digital revamp for Star Tours 20th anniversary in the works???

Re: Star Tours Revamp for the 20th!!!!

Yeah, there has been speculation of this beforehand here on the boards. Star Tours is in dire need of an update and its finally nice to hear acknowledgment from someone as high up as Lucas. If Disneyland would like not to keep seeing potential customers flock over to Universal because of Universal's superior rides and attractions then this would be a good place to start.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

That post just makes mention of the Florida attraction(s). What about Disneyland? If this does happen, will it be a total revamp, including the entrance props or will it just be the film part?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I have no idea, but i will ask a friend of mine who works at Disney Land's art dept. He may know what they are planning to do. I figure that it will be the film with a partial re-working of the enterance.

Disneyland employees have been saying the ride was getting a revamp for 15 years now, I used to hear it all the time (I used to GO all the time, back when I had money for an annual pass), now I don't believe it. The ride is still one of my favorite things of all time, and I hope they keep at least one of the originals going if they do finally bother to update it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Im only 15 and every time they change something at disneyland it kills me. For some reson im into older stuff...
    - "Go ahead, keep 'em carded. Chicks totally respect a guy who doesn't even have the nerve to open a toy." - "Scalp all you want; we'll make more."

That's because mostly the older stuff there is better, very little of it is based on a disney movie or TV show, it was all designed to be fun and stand-alone, and just like the disney company itself the execs have slowly been eroding what makes Disneyland so great by making changes and getting rid of those wonderful classics to make way for attractions that help co-sell disney movies, shows, and merchandise.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just hope that they re-work the enterance a little. The Mon-calamarie look a little stiff in the controll room. I would love to see some other droids in the work room, I dont want the main charcters changed, but how about some droid army props. Droid decka maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabbaca
    I just hope that they re-work the enterance a little. The Mon-calamarie look a little stiff in the controll room. I would love to see some other droids in the work room, I dont want the main charcters changed, but how about some droid army props. Droid decka maybe?
    NO DONT EVEN THINK LIKE THAT...

They killed the chip and dales funhouse was the funnest place on earth. last year we got kicked out of the park for sneaking into it, but we got back in in an hour with our year passes they didnt even take away i miss that place
    - "Go ahead, keep 'em carded. Chicks totally respect a guy who doesn't even have the nerve to open a toy." - "Scalp all you want; we'll make more."

Quote Originally Posted by Zabbaca
    That could work at the Florida one where there's outside room for more displays, but I'd hate to have something like that added to the actual queue - that area is SUCH a tight theme, there'd be no room for some outside influence like a Destroyer Droid or something, it wouldn't make sense to be there. Anything they add should make sense within the make-believe world you step into the moment you enter the door, the idea is you're pretending you're taking an actual Star Tours flight, I can't see how there'd be room in that concept for Battle Droids.

They could add more promo films to the main viewer though, the ones they have are great but now there are more worlds to visit.