Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whom does Hasbro define as KIDS???

I haven't seen a kid looking at Star Wars toys since E1 came out. There are no kids every morning at Wal-Mart waiting to buy full cases of POTJ figures. There aren't kids running to Target during thier lunch hour checking for B-Wings. In all sincerity, am I missing something? Do other collectors see children hunting for Star Wars toys that I'm missing? What age group does Hasbro target for this line? I think the line is being driven by 1st...Scalpers, and 2nd Collecters who are older than, let's say, 16?

Your thoughts.....

You know it's bad when little kids give you funny looks when you're buying Star Wars figures. I agree I've yet to see a kid buy a POTJ figure.

Although I have seen many instances of kids dragging their parents into the Ep1 clearance aisle, within the last two weeks even!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Exclamation Eh hem!

I am 16 and I go out looking for 'em all the time, just ask my parents. My brother is 14 and he does the same, not as much, but he does. I have seen youngens looking for some too. So watch it!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I think my definition of the word "kid" needs some clarification. I define a kid as someone 12 or under, and a teen as 13 and over, thus PloKoon2385 you and your brother would fall into my teen catagory. Now don't you feel special?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Talking goody goody!

I do, I feel all warm and cozy inside. All mushy. Garsh......you make me blush Bigbarada.......but Plo Koon is STILL not the clumsy one, Barada is! hahahaha
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

**sigh** Kids...

Exclamation nonono

NO you just said......I fell into your TEEN category! Even worse........mwah haha
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

Kids are the group of collectors who open their figures and play with them. As I understand it, the general feeling at Hasbro is they also don't really care too much about what they get so long as they recognize the character, and tend to be boys, ages 6 to 12.

I've seen plenty of boys in that age group looking for Star Wars figures, but rarely ever finding anything but a handful of pegwarmers if they're lucky. But they are still looking, just not finding.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Unhappy

JT:

You've hit the nail on the head! My son is 12 and we spend many frustrating hours searching for figures coming up empty or staring at peg warmers. Well said!

Talking

....I'm 17 and I play with my figures.....what?!? Oh come on! None of you can tell me you've never taken Qui-Gon Ginn and Darth Maul and done the "Vmmmm" "Crash!" sounds of the lightsabers!

*sighs* I just have an active imagination thats all.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!