Well, I just got back from C3 and had the opportunity to get a good close look at Master Replicas. Here is what I have determined.

First of all let me start by saying that I have discovered that I don't particularly care for most of the Jedi lightsabers. Don't get me wrong, they are nice, but I really thought I would like 'em more than I do. Most of them seem akward. I am also put off by the amount of polished chrome. It's just too much. I don't really hate them or anything, I just thought I would like 'em more.

Now for my personal biased review.

Mini Sabers - I love 'em! In fact I bought Vader ($30.00), Dooku ($30.00) and Maul ($35.00) at the convention. I also bought 2 of the Obi-Wan C3 exclusive minis direct from Master Replicas! My first mini was the Best Buy Darth Sidious, which is much smaller than the others. However, upon inspection I discovered that I don't really care for their exclusives either! Chrome, Smoked Chrome, Gold...eh, I just don't like the look of 'em. I saw several of the gold regular and mini sabers and there is just no way I would get one. I will probably stick to collecting the regular versions of the Sith mini sabers.

On a side note, Master Replicas anounced that they will be producing a .45 scaled undamaged Darth Maul saber, which I plan on buying.

Limited Edition Sabers - Nice, very nice! In fact I had the chance to look at all the sabers MR had on display as well as the actual sabers from the films in the Lucas Archives. The MR sabers are much nicer. The original sabers are older and show heavy signs of wear and tear, even the Darth Maul saber looked worn out. However, I doubt I will be buying one of the full size MR sabers any time soon. After checking them out there are only 2-3 that I am interested in Vader, Maul and Sidious.

The Sidious saber is small, not much bigger than the Yoda saber. What really struck me was the Lucas Archives Sidious saber, it looks quite good and I would not be surprised to find that Master Replicas actually produced the saber for Lucas. I could not confirm this however, so it's really just speculation, but the MR Sidious saber looks to be an exact match for the actual saber!

Force F/X - I saw several people with the new and the old versions of these and the reports are correct, the new version is far superior to the original.

Blasters - Cool, but not really my cup of tea.

Movie Scaled Replicas - Nice, but again, not my cup of tea.

Overall my impression of Master Replicas has gone up since I have had the chance to see them close up, but I am still hesitant to drop that kind of cash on their LE Sabers. I have seen the LE Darth Maul saber for $250.00 on Ebay and a few other places and I would consider spending that much on one. The Sidious saber is my favorite so I will probably buy one eventually. The Vader saber is...well...Darth Vader's lightsaber! So I will probably buy one of those eventually as well, I will probably buy the Vader F/X as well. But that's it for me.