Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battle Droids heads fall off

Has anyone else noticed the Battle droids heads are falling off in the package I've seen a few of these at wal-mart in the last week or so.

Re: Battle Droids heads fall off

I noticed it as well. I only saw one though.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Sounds like Hasbro out-sourced Battle Droid production to McFarlane this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedibill
    the Battle droids heads are falling off
    Of course they are, this is afterall the same BD we got in the Saga assortment. Those had the same problem as well as the entire figure sagging over time (especially when displayed in warm temperatures) because of the thin rubbery plastic they used.

I'd recommend leaving the clear rubber bands that come attached to the BD's head in place to prevent this from happening. I decided to pass on this repack/repaint but thats what I did with my Saga BD's to solve the problem.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Just wondering how are these BD different from Ep.I's BD?

They're an entirely different mold than the EP1 BDs. Those were made of sturdier plastic that doesn't warp/bend with an increase in the temp. and they had articulation at the knees while the Saga/ROTS legs are stuck in the walking position. The Saga/ROTS BD also has a peg on the chest so you can attach the blast effect that was included with the Saga version. The EP1 BDs had 4 different paint schemes (slashed, blasted, dark brown, clean) while Saga had two different color variations (tan and rust color.) So far there is only one color variation (dark brown) of the ROTS BD.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

IMHO, the EP1 BD is far superior but I'd still like to see another version of this droid produced at some point. One made along the same lines as the EP1 version but with the ability to completely fold up as seen in TPM when they're being unloaded onto the battlefield. A rust colored variant would be nice too so I can replace the constantly sagging BD's in my Geonosis Arena display.

I have tons of TPM BDs so I never bought any of the Saga ones. They do look crappy, the only aspects I like are the way it can hold a blaster and the bases the ROS one come with, but that's not enough to make me pull the trigger.

They should re-tool this figure and make one with more articulation and a strong plastic and I'll buy it.
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

The boomer-damaged battle droid from POTJ had good articulation and could fold up as well. It would have been far superior to use this sculpt rather that the one they turned out for Saga and ROTS.

Battle Droid