Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Great Band/Album Names

I was looking through the new releases on iTunes and came across something that inspired me to start this thread. The band is called "Five Finger Death Punch", and the album is called The Way of the Fist. I was both cracking up and thinking "Hell yeah!" at the same time when I saw that band name/album name combination. As you might guess, most of the album appears to be heavy metal with one of those growly death metal vocals.

In this day and age of crappy band names (Panic at the Disco), it's hard to think of good ones. Rage Against the Machine is a good name, I guess.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    As you might guess, most of the album appears to be heavy metal with one of those growly death metal vocals.
    nothing wrong with that.

this is one of my favs: The County Medical Examiners - "Olidous Operettas"

some goregrind by three actual Doctors. they are fans of Carcass and never play live shows.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Band called Acid Bath....album is "When the kite string pops."

Freaky cover, looks like they used serial killer John Gacy as their inspiration with the clown look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acid-bath.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	15814  
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

For some reason, that album cover reminds me of the clown in the View Askew logo from the beginning of "Clerks".

Gacy was a creepy guy..for obvious reasons. The clown thing makes it even weirder IMO.

Looking at Gacy in the outfit, that band HAD to have used him as the idea for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	John_Wayne_Gacy.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	15815  
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

He actually looks creepier than the Pennywise the Clown from "It".

Quote Originally Posted by darko666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    As you might guess, most of the album appears to be heavy metal with one of those growly death metal vocals.
    nothing wrong with that.
    Indeed. Normally it's not my thing, but the clips sounded all right.

I can recall going into the record store in high school and seeing some of the Dead Kennedys' albums, with songs like "Too Drunk To F***" and "Nazi Punks F*** Off". In college, there was a paper called The Rocket that covered the northwest music scene. I used to enjoy looking at the show listings just to see the names of some of the bands. Fudge Tunnel was a good one. I also recall seeing the name "Liquored Up" in there as well. Even funnier, they were playing at the Lake Union Pub. Liquored Up at the Lake Union Pub.

I was thinking that Fudge Tunnel was from the northwest, but apparently they were from Nottingham, England. They had some good album titles:

Hate Songs in E Minor
    Creep Diets
    The Complicated Futility of Ignorance

How about some Metal classics like ...

Metallica - Master Of Puppets, Ride the Lightning
    Slayer - Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits
    Megadeth - Peace Sells ... But Who's Buying?, Skull Beneath the Skin
    Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime