Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's the 25th Anniversary, where are my ESB 2-packs?

Oh, dearest Hasbro,

I haven't seen any pictures or any news about these so I don't know if you have them planned. I loved the ANH Silver Anniversary 2 packs and thought they were a great idea. Why not do the same for ESB which is arguably the finest SW movie yet? I'll even save you the thinking time and tell you which ones to make: 3-PO and R2 where they're outside looking for Luke (R2 can come with a sensor scope), Luke and Yoda training on Dagobah (or a Luke and Vader duel), and a Han and Leia kiss scene from Bespin. With these you get all of the core characters (except for Chewie, sorry big guy) and you don't get and doubles in the 2 packs.

I know it's a movie year and you're gonna pimp ROTS toys but some of us really like the toys from the OT. What say you Hasbro are you gonna do 'em?

Thank you,
    Slicker
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Re: It's the 25th Anniversary, where are my ESB 2-packs?

Ditto that. I even agree with the choices. Nice work, Slicker!

Oh, and Hasbro, puh-lease don't make these exclusives to anybody.

2-1B attaching Luke's new hand at the end of ESB would make for a fantastic 25th Anniversary set.

I definitely agree that Hasbro needs to do another set of 2-packs and then in '08 they need to do some for ROTJ. But, for now, I like the Han and Leia kissing set, but I would skip doing the droids and replace that with Chewbacca choking Lando at Cloud City and have Luke fighting Vader on the chasm bridge.

Now, for ROTJ, great sets would be Luke and slave Leia about to swing off the sail barge, Han and Chewie looking at the bait the Ewoks set up on Endor and then Vader walking with Palpatine after he debarks the shuttle.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Another awesome ROTJ set would be the moment that Luke's lightsaber crashes through the steering vanes of the Speederbike. Heck, that'd make a kickarse Gentle Giant sculpt too.

I loved the ANH Silver Anniversary 2 packs and thought they were a great idea. Why not do the same for ESB which is arguably the finest SW movie yet?
    It may have something to do with the fact that KB can barely give these away at 1/3rd their original price, and many TRUs still have a bunch of 'em.

Still, it's a good idea, would be nice to get something special to commemorate ESB.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    It may have something to do with the fact that KB can barely give these away at 1/3rd their original price, and many TRUs still have a bunch of 'em.

Still, it's a good idea, would be nice to get something special to commemorate ESB.

Not that I'm in the market for the old stuff, but where have you seen these still?

Okay, here's an ESB set I think we could get behind:

The end scene with Luke in medical gown and Leia standing next to him.

Heck, we've been clamoring for those figs for years, and here's the perfect opportunity to do so.

This could even have a nice double sided effect where we can view them from the front or back, by having a backdrop with the window cut out of it. This way looking through the window we see them facing out OR looking from behind them we see them looking out of the window.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Stilla, TRU Los Feliz still has a few, IIRC they're on the bottom shelf near the GI Joes now, where SW used to be. They may be in the regular SW section too, I have a vague recollection of that.

KB Burbank also had a few last time I was there.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Han and Leia kiss scene from Bespin.
    Good ideas, but I would like Han pointing in Leia's face on Hoth saying, "I can arrange that!"
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car