Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boycott TV Guide

Yesterday, I fired off a very angry letter to TV Guide for their reveailing article about the new Star Wars film. There was one thing that I was looking forward to learning in this film, and I had done a good job up to this point not to learn it. In Mr. Logan's article, however, he revealed this spoiler without any warning at all. I sent a scathing letter to TV Guide and informed them that I would no longer be patronizing their magazine. I hope that anyone reading this feels compelled to do the same thing (if not the boycott, at least a nasty letter). Please, send them feedback letting them know that revealing key elements to films is one of the worst things that they can do. In my opinion, they've ruined Revenge of the Sith for me.

They can be reached at letters@tvguide.com

Re: Boycott TV Guide

Ummmm....what was the spoiler?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'd rather not say, for fear of doing the same thing to others that they did to me. It involves the fate of a character, and has been the subject of endless speculation and debate between myself and leagues of others for a long time now.

You do know I have to buy a TV guide now, or a mod could move it to spoilers...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I take it back; I can't send messages. REGARDLESS, don't buy TV Guide. If you've been reading spoilers, you won't be surprised by the revelation. If you were, like me, waiting to see the movie, then this was a pretty big plot giveaway.

Now where would a topic like this go? Not really television talk. Does deal with SW, but more about how a magazine published a spoiler and upset an unsuspecting fan.

I'm going to sit this one in General Discussion for now. Best place as any for it right now.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I think it was that Anakin becomes Darth Vader....

If by boycott you mean not buying it, then I've been boycotting TV Guide for years.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Yeah, I've been boycotting them for about 15 years.

Jamyz IMO this would go under comics/books which also includes magazines.

As to the point of the thread, now why would you even read a magazine article this close to the film's release ? I mean come on, we're less than a month away and there is tons and tons of stuff coming out now with spoilers attached, so why not just STAY AWAY from it ?

Oh yeah, and why is TV Guide writing articles about a movie ?