Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C3 Regrets

Re: C3 Regrets

I kind of regret not going.

As it is, I make it to several cons a year (the biggest being WizWorld Chicago) so I just didn't have the means to go since I already allocated my summer trips . . . I should have just said **** it and did the roadie to Indy.

At the same time though, I HATE long lines and I don't know how much of that I could have handled.

I regret...

1) Not getting tickets to the Celebration and Celebration III. It looked like it would have been rather fun. Instead we went back to the hotel early, changed to regular clothes, and headed to the Ram bar and grill (501st hangout).

2) Not getting into the Opening Ceremonies. We got done with the store on Thursday around 8pm and didn't know that the Hall wasn't full (and probably could have squeezed in). On the other hand, our feet were sore and all we wanted to do was sit or lay down so we could rest our feet.

3) Not seeing Lucas. I think that would have been cool to see. Of course, by not going we did do other things to pass the time, including actually eating lunch while at the convention center. Our usual meals the entire weekend were at night, so lunch was a first.

4) Not taking more pictures. I left with 30 or so possible pictures available on my digicam. I also had many opportunities for more pics of great costumes. I also wish I had a smaller digicam, as mine took up space and annoyed me wearing it around my neck while in my Jedi costume.

5) Not seeing the Archives. I heard the stuff looked amazing. But we refused to get in line just for that. It was always like 100 people long or more.

6) Not getting a locker. That has to be one of the bigger regrets. People seemed to be holding a locker the entire weekend, as I never saw one that wasn't in use. There is nothing like being able to hit the store or exhibit hall and then be able to drop it off at a locker for the rest of the day. I am definetely getting a locker right when the doors open next time.

Overall, I still had a blast at the event. Can't wait for C4.

- Not seeing george Lucas

- Not seeing SW in 30

- Not getting autographs of the pre vis team (Tiemans, Church, McCaig....)

- Not hanging with other SSG'ers (other then those I was rooming with)

- Missing the Opening Ceremonies. Why it wasn't made available for all to see I don't know

- getting Tim Zahn's autograph. I wanted to get everyone's autograph in my ROTS novel, and he wouldn't since it wasn't his novel (Aaron Allston and the lady that wrote Republic Commando did). He ended up signing 2 stickers he keeps with him that I can stick in his novel.

And 'Xir - I'll get that pic emailed over. I have a couple of her.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    3) Take More Photos! I don't have a digital camera, and once again I didn't have a ton of money to throw around! Although I could have from the onset I didn't buy a disposable until Sunday, last day and only got about 1/4 to 1/2 of the pics I wanted!
    I can count that as a regret also. But the bad part is that I do own a digital camera that works quite well, it was that I didn't trust myself to bring it down to Indy without it getting damaged, lost or stolen. I did buy a disposable, but like others have said, the picture quality probably sucks

And Dar, the trilogy in 30 minutes was indeed a blast. I laughed my keester off pretty much nonstop during the whole performance. It was very fast-paced and the troupe did a nice job.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

For anyone that regrets missing the Celebration at Celebration III, don't, at least IMO.

It was basically like a lame carnival. Lots of dumb ring-toss type games, which all had lines out the wazoo. The last thing I felt like doing Saturday night was standing in more huge lines. The lines to buy food or drink were also humongous. Not to mention that the line for the free food was out of this world. My wife and I stayed for about 15 minutes, and then we ditched it in favor of driving around Indy, since we hadn't really seen the city.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

1.)Not buying 10 of the Code 3 ESB convention exclusive 3d movie posters. Just kidding, but in all reality, I was the stupid guy who only bought 1, ONE, UNO, YEDEN, UN. . . While in line on Thursday, I literally saw people walking off with 6 or 8 of them each!!!!!

2.) Missing out on Opening Ceremonies.

3.) Hasbro giveaway. This really ticked me off. On Thursday, since we decided not to wait in the 8 hour line to get into the CIII store, we hit all of the vendors, including Hasbro. I even asked, are you guys doiing anything exclusive for the convention? and the guy behind the desk hands me a free attacktix figure and draws a circle on the back of my badge. and said "here you go, have a great time at the convention!!" And that was it. Well aparently, if you signed up for the new hasbro club one of every figure thing, which the hasbro guy neglected to tell us, you got a free gold XWING for the first 1000 to sign up!!! That really chaps my hyde. I was right there and the guy said nothing!!!!!

Boy, I am really glad I didn't try to get into the Cele at Cele 3. SOunded like the whole nightmare of lines of the Con crammed into a small room.

1. Regret not seeing Lucas. Bummed too because it seems that it wasn't that hard to get into if you were in the building. So many people probably thought there was no chance to get in so lots didn't show up and then resulting lots of seats available too. Why did they have to have it so early in the morning in which the first 2 sessions were only open to the fan members?
    2. Not being able to have hung out with more of SSG posse
    3. Also, one that some of you guys may not have been aware of. An event seperate from the Con. The Star Wars Galaxies breakfast, I missed. Sold Out. Which was going on about the same time as Lucas at one of the hotels.

4. Not getting to meet any of the SW actors.

5. Also that one event called CONTINUITY.....something...something. That went on Saturday during the 1-man-SW show. Did anyone go to that? DAR!!!??? you wers suppose to be my point man on that did you go!!??
    Give me a synopsis.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by xwing_5
    3.) Hasbro giveaway. This really ticked me off. On Thursday, since we decided not to wait in the 8 hour line to get into the CIII store, we hit all of the vendors, including Hasbro. I even asked, are you guys doiing anything exclusive for the convention? and the guy behind the desk hands me a free attacktix figure and draws a circle on the back of my badge. and said "here you go, have a great time at the convention!!" And that was it. Well aparently, if you signed up for the new hasbro club one of every figure thing, which the hasbro guy neglected to tell us, you got a free gold XWING for the first 1000 to sign up!!! That really chaps my hyde. I was right there and the guy said nothing!!!!!
    Just so you know, the hasbro deal was like $400-500. You got all 52 figures (including red guard), the gold xwing (if one of the first 1000 to signup), and some other small bonuses.

Honestly, unless that gold Xwing turns out to be worth $150 or so, it wasn't worth it. For me, I didn't get it because I already had figures 1-32, so I'd have bought 32 double figures. so I passed on it.

BTW, you can get the gold Xwing on ebay for like $50.

1. Not having a bigger umbrella.

2. Signing up both myself AND my girlfriend for Hyperspace, when I could have just given her the guest passes issued with the membership.

3. Not making sure my girlfriend had her pass when we left at 5 a.m. to get in line for the store.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

- It ended

- I was running out of money

- I didn't hang more with those I wasn't staying with
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars