Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C3 Regrets

C3 Regrets

Now that the convention has been over for a few days, does anyone wish they had done something differently? I myself have a had a few regrets, minor ones, but if I could go back and do things differently, here is what I would have done.

1) Left earlier & later - I didn't get in to Indy until Thursday afternoon, due to circumstances beyond my control. The whole first day was a washout for me considering a took a nap upon getting into the hotel room. I went later that night with the SSG gang but were denied access to the opening ceremonies due to heavy crowds.
    I also left Sunday afternoon on a jet plane when I could have left on Monday. Another wasted day

2) Saw Lucas - George met with the fans on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, that was the last chance for me to get figures at the C3 store, and I had an obligation to fulfill with those figures, so I couldn't have skipped that portion of the day. It was a tough choice, but I knew I had to wait to get to the store. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have liked to gone on Friday.

3) Saw the musical and the one-man show - I hear that both of the shows were great, especially the performer for the one-man show. Due to time limitations, I couldn't get to them. If I followed through on regret 1, then this problem would have been solved.

Regrets, I've had a few, then again, too few to mention But my eyes are not stinging in the bitter tears of disappointment. I had a blast and hope to attend some similar future event.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Re: C3 Regrets

1. Not meeting up with everyone from SSG or spending more time with those that hung out together. Time was a big factor, plus lousy cell phone reception.

2. Not buying my figures sooner, I missed out on the exclusive Star Case for the Vaders.

3. Not being able to get a second Sandtrooper bust to sell for $1,000,000.00 on Ebay. JK LOL I was hoping to grab one for Turbowars.

4. I missed George Lucas.

Ahhh, scratch number 4, I didn't really care about seeing him that much.

Anyway, I was happy to be able to bring my daughter for one day and glad she had the opportunity to go into Star Wars overload. I hope she will remember the event when she is older. I really enjoy sharing my love of Star Wars with her and hope she will take to it like her old man some day. Lord knows I encourage her.
    May the force be with you.

lets see...
    1) Only going on Friday

2) Not getting into the c3 store

3) not realizing everyone from SSG was meeting up
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

I regret spending all day in the celebration store to get that action figure. I should have just spent my day at the convention and bought it on ebay.

I regret:

Not getting into the Opening Ceremonies expecially after The 'Xir told me there was more seats left AFTER THE FACT .

Spending 6+ hours in the store line . . but then again I also DON'T regret that as well

Leaving my camera back at the motel on Thurs . . . . D'oh!

Spending time outside in line when there was other ways in . . .

Not seeing Lucas . . . although my daughter cannot wear Lucas nor will he hang on my wall . . . .

Not having more money!!!

LBC . . remember though, we did get to see Star Wars in 30 . . that show was AWESOME!!! The one man show was great too . . . didn't see the musical . . . maybe that's a good thing
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I have a few....

1. Not getting to meet up with more SSG Members. Time was also a big factor for me. I was busy as hell.

2. Taken a digital camera. I used a disposable. The pictures (there were a lot) and they turned out like crap!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I regret not going.

After I spent 12 hours "volunteering" for CII, I was planning on just attending a convention like everyone else, and getting to see more events, costumes, props. I missed a lot of that working as a badge check person at CII. There were also more of the Stormtroopers/bad guys at CIII than at CII. Maybe the next convention will be better.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I have a few....

1. Not getting to meet up with more SSG Members. Time was also a big factor for me. I was busy as hell.

2. Taken a digital camera. I used a disposable. The pictures (there were a lot) and they turned out like crap!

I regret that you did not stick around after meeting you in the Autograph hall. I could have taken you out to see some of the SSG'ers . . . . Ahhh well . . . .
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I guess my main regrets are:

-Not getting into the store to get a Vader figure.
    But, on the upside, I got to see the 1-man show, 30 minute show, and the musical.

-Letting my wife come along. While I love her, and enjoy her company, her not being a Star Wars fan really put a damper on some of my enjoyment. The lines put her in a real foul mood, which in turn, put me in a foul mood.

-Not getting into the Lucasfilm archives. Everytime I tried, the line was insane.

-Not taking more pictures

-Not getting to hang out with the SSG'ers more.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

1) I think I could have waited a day before going out to CIII, like LBC did! It would have given me a chance to work one more day, and bring more money out to the event!

As a result 2) Not seeing Geroge Lucas!! I had the chance to get out of the Toy/Store line(and out of the rain) to see him and I didn't take it!!! Why?, because I didn't bring a ton of cash out with me to CIII and because my Badge never got punched the first time I bought figs I was able to buy 4more figs and thought that I could sell them to have enough/more money for CIII and to get back to Da'Cuse! When In hindsight, I had brought some of my Companies merchandise out with me and If I had not spent the $72bucks on four more figs & cases and worked my way back to the Cuse like I did, I would have been able to see George and still have enough money!!!

3) Take More Photos! I don't have a digital camera, and once again I didn't have a ton of money to throw around! Although I could have from the onset I didn't buy a disposable until Sunday, last day and only got about 1/4 to 1/2 of the pics I wanted!

Hey Doc!!! I'll send you "you know who's" email addresses if you send me a good pic of the best Ventress of CIII! You know which one! I wish I had gone up and asked her, her name, 'cause she really did an AWESOME job and really knew how to work the crowd!
    Last edited by The 'Xir; 04-27-2005 at 11:56 PM.
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]