Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Target Clone is really...Clone Wars SA Clone!?

After cracking open one of my Target Exclusives, I began to notice that he looked rather familiar. I flipped him over to discover a 2003 date stamp on his foot. Strange, I thought...until I dug up one of my Super Articulated Clones from the Clone Wars line. Identical, except for the updated helmet, and the silly red paint which apparently cost an extra $7.

Strange to think that Target recycled this old guy and then almost tripled the price on us!!! So if you don't like the Quickdraw Action on #6, simply swap out the new heads with your SA Clones from '03. Now your old Troopers aren't so obsolete!!!

I must also note that the Target Clones have a foot hole now, whereas the '03 versions did not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clones1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	11077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clones2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	11078  

Smile Re: Target Clone is really...Clone Wars SA Clone!?

Nice observation, you are right, thanks for the pics. Definitely helps some of us on whether to pick these up or not. Guess you could count the star case it comes in as the extra cost.

thanks,

Re: Target Clone is really...Clone Wars SA Clone!?

But for that extra seven dollars you get the TARGET LOGO on him.

Just wait til the come out with the ultra-exclusive $30 Red Cape Royal Guard with white bullseye on his chest. Now that would be a commercial tie-in!
    [font=Arial][font=Arial]"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"[/font]
    "I don't care what you smell - just get in there!"[/font]
    [font=Arial]"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."[/font]

What a bunch of trash. ALl the more reason I am not getting this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The Target logo? I thought this Clone Trooper had joined COBRA.

I never found the sa clone. Is that one superior to the quick draw clone? I seem to remember someone saying that quick draw has a better range of motion. Just wondering because I want more clones but I don't know if I should wait for 41's (which I believe is the same as the target one without the red) or just go for more quickdraws.

I think army building is the only motivation for getting these...either that or scalping. I got six, myself, because I like the unit markings on them. Heck, I would get sick of every variation I could if and when they are released. I love building clone armies.

If I was not an army builder, however, I would probably have only purchased one if given the opportunity, and wouldn't have cared much if I never found one at all...
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Quick draw is a good representation of the ROTS clone. If you don't feel like waiting or don't want to pay the extra for the "Cobra" clone (Target Exclusive clone), then I'd reccommend getting more of the #6 clone.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

fyi, here are some more pics of target SA clone trooper.
    later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clonesaaa.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	11080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clonesaa.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	11081  

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    The Target logo? I thought this Clone Trooper had joined COBRA.
    I would be happy to find one if I could. Jedi Drew already found two... *shrug* perhaps I should hold his C3 Vader for ransom until he gives one over! LOL

I thought it was kinda cool that they dressed him up like the 12" version of the figure.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**