Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Acrylic cases...

OK, I got stiffed at CIII on the Vader protective case and I refuse to pay $25.00 for one of those stupid things on Ebay...what a bunch of morons!

Anyway, I am looking for an on-line retailer that sells acrylic cases, I also need one for my Ephant Mon. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Please don't say AFA, I want to be able to remove mine from the case.

LOL That reminds me, anyone know if AFA bothered to remove the batteries from all those Vaders they graded? Hehehe, I can see it now, ten years down the line the battery leaks and some schmuck who paid $100.00+ for a U90 Vader is stuck with a rotting hunk of junk. LOL

Anyway, if anyone that can help me here I would really appreciate it.
    May the force be with you.

Re: Acrylic cases...

Funny you should mention AFA, I was thinking of sending my CIII Vader, its deffinitly c9 - c9.5, and I had Mr Prowse sign it. Anyone think its a good idea? I just want it to be protected the best it can...................and I would deffinitly take the batteries out.................
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Funny you should mention AFA, I was thinking of sending my CIII Vader, its deffinitly c9 - c9.5, and I had Mr Prowse sign it. Anyone think its a good idea? I just want it to be protected the best it can...................and I would deffinitly take the batteries out.................
    I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me. I like the figure and want to be able to play it from time to time. I play on going with a basic acrylic case that will protect it and still allow me to get my hands on it when I want.

But then what do I know, the AFA graded Prowse autographed Vader is going for big bucks on Ebay right now.

Here's one from Entertainment Earth but I don't think it'll be big enough for the Vader or Ephant Mon.

Here's another from Protech although I think it may be the same thing.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me. I like the figure and want to be able to play it from time to time. I play on going with a basic acrylic case that will protect it and still allow me to get my hands on it when I want.

But then what do I know, the AFA graded Prowse autographed Vader is going for big bucks on Ebay right now.
    Well I still have the 7 others, one that has a few creases that I bring to show people, basically I want this to be one of the nicest peices in my collection and I want it to stay nice. Anyone had any experience with AFA?

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking, I was just about to make a new thread for this but you seemed to have the perfect start, thank you
    Last edited by Rebo's_Guitarist; 04-29-2005 at 10:09 AM.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

No problem, I have had a figure graded by AFA and it was a smooth transaction.

I was curious about their service so I sent in my FF Luke Stormtrooper with unpainted mouth piece. They gave it a solid 85 and it displays really well in the acrylic case they put it in. I was happy with the service. I don't intend to sell the thing, but I wanted more protection for it than a bacic Pro Case, so I figured why not send it in.

The cost is high enough, that I would only recommend sending in something special from your collection. Overall, they provide a professional service and I was happy with the results.

So what overall grading tier did you use, and if you dont mind me asking, what kind of price is "high enough"?

I think my Vader is totally worth it, if I take the batteries out.......
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

I used the Standard Tier as I wasn't in a big hurry to get the figure back and it was cheaper. I forget what the exact turn around time was.

what kind of price is "high enough"?
    What I was trying to say is that the cost of having the figure graded was so high that I wouldn't recommend sending in a common figure to be graded. I would reserve that to special items from my collection. My Luke may not have a big re-sale value, but it's special to me because it is a unique figure in my collection and I want it to be protected. I had planed on buying an acrylic case for it anyway so the cost difference was negilgable.

Something like your Vader would be a prime canidate, but I would hardly pay to have them grade a basic Green Carded POTF2 figure, not even a Green Carded Lando.

Also remember that AFA charges more to grade figures that have a higher value on the secondary market, which can be kind of misleading. IMO nothing released post 1995 is worth over $200.00 (the cut off for their "standard tier" pricing). I am including the Freeze Frame Weequay in the statement. Yeah yeah I know, I guess that's why I have the Canadian version. I am too cheap to spend that kinda dough on one figure.

Yeah I totally dig ya about sending in things that are so common. I to want something nice protecting it and I figured this would be the best way.

I dunno, I e mailed them a couple questions but havent gotten a response yet.

Maybe you or someone else knows - How do they grade with a signature? Is it an increase or a decrease in grading? On one hand it should add value (and sentiment of course) but on the other hand it is writing on the cardback.......
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo