Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow Down1!!1

Slow Down1!!1

GEEEZE Im being overwhelmed with the onslaut of ROTS stuff
    I think they should slow down, all this mad wild goose chase hunting and damn exclusives are killing me Luckly I have a friend who is helping me find exclusives. I AM NOT GETTING THAT STUPID TRU REPAINT, I hate that thing it looks like crap...
    Everything past 33 and later waves of delux and exclusives are killing us dont yyou agree...
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 04-30-2005 at 10:02 AM. Reason: removed bad word.
    - "Go ahead, keep 'em carded. Chicks totally respect a guy who doesn't even have the nerve to open a toy." - "Scalp all you want; we'll make more."

Re: Slow Down1!!1

To an extent, i agree with you. It seems like there is so much out there and so little money. But then, its also very exciting. Just about every time i go to a store i find or see something that i want, and thats much better than continually hitting up the stores just to find the same old things still there. Sit back and enjoy, this is probably the last time we are going to see so much Star Wars merchandise available.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Just about every time i go to a store i find or see something that i want, and thats much better than continually hitting up the stores just to find the same old things still there.
    Every time I go to the store I see the same old things there, though I did find some new deluxe figures this week and a #34 Clone Pilot and #36 Grievous. They were the only ones there though. Nothing else above #32 yet. And still no blue guard.

I feel your pain. I just picked up the 2 Arena playsets from KBToys.com for $40 and I am still trying to locate the Gunship and the AT-TE Gunners. So far I have probably spent $500 on just ROTS 3" merchandise.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I am at $900 and climbing.....Army building...of course includes army building...EE Troopers
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Halofanatic
    GEEEZE Im being overwhelmed with the onslaut of ROTS stuff
    I think they should slow down, all this mad wild goose chase hunting and damn exclusives are killing me Luckly I have a friend who is helping me find exclusives. I AM NOT GETTING THAT STUPID TRU REPAINT, I hate that thing it looks like crap...
    Everything past 33 and later waves of delux and exclusives are killing us dont yyou agree...
    I'm having fun fiddling with the stuff I bought a couple of weeks ago. I got so many new and cool figures then, I guess it sated my appetite for new things for a while. Guess it helps that I quit being a completist sometime around Episode I.

I figure everything coming out now and in the next few weeks will be fairly easy to find over the course of the summer, save perhaps the red Royal Guard. Might be time for you to step back from the hunt a little and enjoy what you have. Know what I mean?
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 04-30-2005 at 10:46 AM.

I agree with Twodot Tatooine. Just have fun and enjoy all of the great toys you have gotten so far. Sure, I know that it is discouraging when you cannot find that new or hot item, but just remember not to lose sight of what the hobby is really about, and that is to enjoy yourself. You may want to re-think being a completist. I used to be one, and it was just too overwhelming and expensive. Just learn to pace yourself, enjoy what you have, and have fun!!

PS-You can always use my strategy--If you cannot find anything new anywhere, just pick up an extra clone or two for your army. That way you go home with something and you can add to your collection.
    Last edited by JetsAndHeels; 04-30-2005 at 10:21 AM.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Being on a budget I can only afford so much and since my soon to be wife helps every now and then I almost have all of the figures to date. I still have to pace myself for the next two months because I ordered the EE clone army builder set.
    But I too agree with everyone in the forum that the true joy of the hunt is the satisfaction of going home and battling with your toys. Enjoy them, play be a kid again and don't worry about the onslaught of product. Give it two years and we will be hurting for new product.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'm with you Halo. I've normally got tons of money to waste on toys but of course when all of these new toys come out I've got my money invested elsewhere. I realize that it'll be in stores for a while but I'd rather get it when it first comes out.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Lay-a-way my friend. Helps lighten the burden on the wallet.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten