Hybrid View

New Deluxe Figures at Target

Hello!
    never posted before, lurked for years, though. There used to be a just found section... but I don't see it anymore...
    ANYWAY, two days ago, at one of the three or so Targets in my area, I found several of the new deluxe wave of figures (Clone w/ Jetpack, TF vulture droid, Yoda/Can-Cell, Vader on operating table). They had one of each except three clones.
    Another guy had gotten there before me, and he was checking them out, and he took the Vader. I think he figured he wanted the coolest one the most, so he'd let me have the other three, which I thought was nice. I've done that kind of thing before for fellow enthusiasts.
    Well, as greedy as I am, I couldn't get that Vader out of my mind! I woke up early before work the next day and stopped at two other Targets and found nothing. On the way to work I stopped in the same one as the day before and they had three more Vaders (and a few more of the others), so I got one.
    I really like the Vader. To me, it's the perfect balance between detail and play value. He's not the best-looking Vader when you put all his stuff on, but he is by FAR not the worst. The table, while plastic-y, is well-detailed, and I like the shackle-things. I'd say he ties with the Dooku and the ARC-170 as my favorite ROTS toys. Yoda and Clone are both decent (I think the Can-cell is the Episode I Swamp Skeeter which got Cancelled, hence the name)- Clone's head doesn't move, which is my only gripe- that and the way all vehicle/beast pack-in figures are made permanently sitting now. Vulture Droid is kinda lame- same as Episode I, without the peg hole in the bottom, and not even the transforming one- just one of the missile ones.
    Anyway, that was only one Target out of 3, but unless your Target's shelf is filled to the brim with Deluxe Palpatines and Obi-Wans, you might want to check this week. I also found one (and only one) exclusive Clone Trooper.
    -D.R.E.

Re: New Deluxe Figures at Target

Quote Originally Posted by derrickehlen
    Clone's head doesn't move, which is my only gripe
    The head on the deluxe Jetpack Clonetrooper does move. It's just very stiff the first time. You have to turn it very hard. It won't break b/c it's on a ball joint.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Angry Re: New Deluxe Figures at Target

Well target sucks major *****. I was in there today trying to get the new deluxe figures. I scanned the clone trooper fight pack one that i found and it said backroom stock was available. Why do they allow you to see if they have back stock on items if they are not going to pull it out for you? Just more stupidity from target. They are also very un-collector friendly posting signs all of the toy ales limit one per customer and we wont look in back for them either crap. However, they will scan a toothbrush that costs 1.29 to see if there is more in the back and bring one out for you too. They label you as a collector not a customer and that really p1$$es me off. Since when does a retail outlet not want, you to spend money on items in there store. I thought target like Wal-Mart are in the business to make money not control who buys toys. Why should they even care who buys them and how much just put it out and i will buy it and hell i might even buy 10 clone troopers. I think they need to change there logo to a Nazi swastika .Zeige hail you target B1tches!
    Last edited by eshulmire; 05-01-2005 at 11:04 PM.

I went to the Target near my g/f last night and found a ton of Obi-Wan/Battle Droids....then staring at me is the Vulture Droid. I search through the pegs, and nothing. And knowing Target's policy, I didn't even bother asking if they had anymore. My guess is they only put out one lousy case of the new deluxe. Today I went back to that /Target, plus the one by me, and nothing new - just that same Vulture Droid, and a bunch of the Obi-Wan's, which are likely the reason they're not putting the new ones out. Gonna start checking the Target by me every morning this week before work (hopefully that rumored "change" date of 5/5/ or 5/8 will prove fruitful), as all I want is the Vader and the Clone. 2 per case, yet still gonna be tough to find.

As for TRU, the only thing they got in new was 25-32 on April 15th - I don't think they got 33-40 as "promised" this week at all.

Hey tagmac what part of Jersey you from North, South? Do you think they will have the New deluxe in Northern Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by derrickehlen
    Hello!
    never posted before, lurked for years, though. There used to be a just found section... but I don't see it anymore...

Welcome, and moved to the just found area
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I stopped at a Target just outside Indianapolis on my way back from CIII to look for new figures. Their pegs were kinda empty, so I took a few minutes to rearrange them and ended up emptying 12 pegs. I then asked an employee to check and see if they had anymore in stock and she checked and they did. When I asked if they could bring more out, she got real nasty and said that they were collector items and they would not stock them while the store was open. I told her that they were for my 5 year old and that they would be opened. He was right there with me. I even offered to open them right there to prove that they were for my kid. She got real mad, then told me to come back in the morning and maybe they will have stocked them before they open back up. I explained to her that I was on my way home to West Virginia and that I did not have the capability to come back in the morning and her response was "Oh well." I walked out of the store right then and just left the stuff I had in my buggy.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I found the Vulture droid down south, but I live closer to the North. Nothing new in the Target here, except for a few of 33-36 that they had this morning (which were gone when I went back at lunchtime).

Hey thanks tagmac. Wow target can really be a bunch of assholes, I can't believe you're kid was there with you and they still refused.

Well, I checked my local Target today. No new deluxe figures, but I did find the exclusive Clone Trooper. Happy Hunting.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.