Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question OT on ROTS Cards???

In all the mist of EP.III, Hasbro has to have some sort of plan to release OT figures on this carding. Are we going to see new and improved sculpts (i.e. removable limbs...better face and costume likeness..etc.) on these figures, or will the be rehashes? Ive been out of the game (again) for a bit...but Ive gotten heavily into it as a way to spend $5 on a SW fig than a pack of smokes. Sorry if its in the wrong place, dont hate me for it, hah, and yea, thats basically about it. Thanks, hope to hear from yall soon!

ROTJLuke

P.S. I do think the EP. III figs kick ***....

Re: Prob. not the most approp. place for this...

I doubt you will see OT figures on these new cards. With their recent predeliction for changing cards, I am sure Hasbro will come up with something new for the new line the Early Bird is previewing...

I'd love to see them continue using the old cards like they did with the VOTC figs.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

I think it would be like the EI cards. Only EIII figs on this card and when they start back with OT figures either start a new scheme or split off and do two lines at the same time.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Whatever they do, I hope they get rid of these curvced bubbles.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I hate ROTS cardbacks with a passion.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I actually like the packaging of the ROTS figures a great deal. The round bubble does it make it hard to stack them or store them in cases, that much is true. But it was a good original idea to help generate even more interest for the last big go-around for collectors ever for Star Wars. And yes, considering how Hasbro changes their cards all the time, the point is really moot.

Yeah, I think the ROTS packaging is the most eye-catching and cool looking card set-up to date.
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack
    I doubt you will see OT figures on these new cards. With their recent predeliction for changing cards, I am sure Hasbro will come up with something new for the new line the Early Bird is previewing...

I'd love to see them continue using the old cards like they did with the VOTC figs.
    Hasbro said that the Early Bird figures are a one-time deal and they aren't "restarting" the line with figures like these after ROTS. But without a doubt, after this year, there will be a new line that encompasses all six movies. I don't think they will/should release non-ROTS figures on the lava card, that would be really dumb. They are, however, releasing Luke's green saber (again) in this packaging, so who knows.

This is an acceptable forum for this discussion, but that title HAS to be changed. ROTJLuke, post here what you want the title to be, or tomorrow one of the mods will just give it the title they think is most appropriate.

On the personal level, I don't think OT figs would work on this cardback, it seems VERY specific to this film. I'd take 'em if they released 'em, but I don't see it happening.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Call it: OT on ROTS Cards