One of Hasbro's major problems - the eyes

One thing I've noticed when looking at many Star Wars figures and these upcoming Ep 2 figures is that Hasbro seems to have no idea how to properly paint eyes on humanoid figures. Mostly, they come out with way too much whites and being almost twice as big as they should. Yes, the figures are quite small and the paint process is somewhat difficult at this size, but it really makes a huge difference. I think this can, at times, hurt the look of a figure more than the sculpt itself... (and don't get me started on Hasbro's haphazard eyebrows and goofy-eyed bi-directional stares either ) I hope if Hasbro reads this, that they don't take it as an attack, but more as a suggestion for improvement.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"eye" have to admit...

...(sorry 'bout the bad pun...could'nt resist..)

I've noticed this too...one figure that jumps out at me as really being bad was the Flashback Ceremonial Leia. Yikes, the poor girl looked coked up! Point taken that on such small figures, the eye detailing is more difficult, but I agree...less is definately more...

The "eyes" have it...

(Sorry... I had to join in, too!)

The eye problem is one of the main reasons I haven't picked up the Luke (X-Wing pilot) figure yet. I know you can "scratch off the rodent teeth", but what can you really do with the "help! There's a huge spider on the ceiling of the base's hangar" look he's got???

they've botched some really good figures because of the weirdness of the eyes. There were a number of Jedi-training Obi-Wans that had the aforementioned lazy-eye thing going on. It took me a few attempts before I was able to find one that didn't need some sort of corrective surgery!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My x-wing luke is fine apart from one of his eyes is about five milimeters higher than the other.
    Luke from the bacta tank has the same problem but it's not as bad as I feared. I thought he would have the eyes sliding up the forehead look I'd seen in some pics somewhere when he first hit the stores. Instead he just has the hunchback of Notre Dame look.....

They should also decide on an eye color for the character and stick with it. Same goes for hair actually. Just get the damn paint thing Sorted you lazy good-fer-nuthin' slackers!!!!!

I'm frightfully sorry Hasbro, frustration does strange things to a collector...

Yeah, my Jedi Training Obi-Wan has a slight problem with unmatched eyes, but at least he looks only a little drunk rather than severly brain damaged. However, my Luke X-wing has 2 totally different-sized eyes and he looks like Popeye the Sailor! Luckily, his helmet hides this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think they have a problem with the hair colors too. Obi-Wan's hair is too blonde when compared to Ewan.