Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Question about the Steve interview and the Obi ROTS Fx, a Amy, Steve, any info on ..

Quote Originally Posted by Axlrose
    Well if you want that then get a parks that look quite close to MR designs yet, use an EL blade. Of course no light up and light down. Although I have made several Luxon blades and have added a light up and light down, it looks differnt then the MR Fx, but it gets the effect. It uses a several compartments,using three Luxon's. It is the best saber light there is, I mean look at that pic and blue is the worst color. So Mr could do that but it is a cost issue. It took me a about 500 bucks, to buy costume driver, the luxons and shock sensors.
    Yeah, planning on getting a Parks soon. I like the Parks sabers because of the cool designs they have. However, they won't have the exact details a licensed replica would. They are both different and both companies have a place in the market. I was saying that i'd like to see them eventually be able to do the light up/down effeect with a detachable blade.

I would love to see an example of your light up/down saber blade! That sounds ultra cool! Do you mean it uses three Luxeons ion each comp[artment or three Luxeons in all, with each in its own compartment? Also, what wattage Luxeons did you use? 1, 3, or 5w?

$500 is a good price for the components, I think, considering what you were able to do. If a large company did what you did, they would be able to do it cheaper due to volume. Still, sondiering what you get from MR for $100, it's still very impressive.

Re: Question about the Steve interview and the Obi ROTS Fx, a Amy, Steve, any info on ..

3 wat, and three of them in differnt compartments, each lighting up a half second later then the other. You can find some good luxon stuff here... http://www.youcanknow.org/corbin/ I have to costume order from him to fit the eacha stuff.

Thanks for the link! Very cool site.