Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ROTS Target star case recalled?

Over at another site, someone went to purchase the star cases at Target and was told they were recalled

Any one else have this issue?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: ROTS Target star case recalled?

Just called Hasbro Consumer Affairs Division. They said they have not issued a recall on them. Maybe they are simply doing an internal thing with Target where they are having them withdraw the current cases and refrain from selling them until they ship a corrected case. Recalls are generally for unsafe products and have to be filed with the US Dept. of Consumer Affairs. Hopefully, they're simply pulling the bad cases and replacing them with good ones...we'll see.

Well, looks like reports were correct...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31375
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Another dumb**s move.....
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 05-06-2005 at 01:35 AM. Reason: edited non kid friendly word. :beard:
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Exclamation Re: ROTS Target star case recalled?

OK... so I called Hasbro yesterday, May 5, and they said that they have NOT issued a recall yet. The lady that I spoke to said that they probably won't issue a recall on the items, but if I wanted to send it directly back to Hasbro, they'd replace it with another "5 pack." This would obviously be useless because they have not, and, as far as their knowledge over at Hasbro, will not correct this problem. They said that they simply haven't had enough complaints yet. [font=Impact]SO COME ON PEOPLE, CALL HASBRO'S CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE (800-327-8264) AND COMPLAIN YOUR A**ES OFF!!!!!![/font] We need this problem remedied, and Hasbro's not reading the forums (of course)... so let's fill them in!
    Target is having the items ring up as "recalled by manufacturer" because they are trying to stop the sale of the product before the street date hits. At least that's what the Hasbro rep told me is a possibility. And it's been confirmed by a Target employee when I phoned them.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 05-06-2005 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Edited dirty word.

As far as the collector cases go, they were not recalled due to them being put out before the street date. I work at a Target store and the Super Articulated Clone Trooper was also available before the supposed street date, but was sold already and there were no problems. In fact there was an e-mail telling employees that May 8 was not a street date for these products, just the revision date for when the labels would be up on the shelfs. The collector cases finally showed up at our store on Wednesday, but like was reported they could not be sold as the register stated it to be a recalled item. I don't understand how Hasbro could not be involved, because why would Target recall the item without any knowledge of problems with it. The only complaints about the cases have been made on the various collecting websites. After having read of people's problems trying to fit the figures in the case properly I decided to try them myself at work. I open the package up as the cases slide in and out of the packaging without any problem. I pulled a Revenge of the Sith figure of the pegs and fit it into the case and closed it and guess what? It fit exactly perfect. No bending of the card, no problem with the case not snapping shut. I was very happy about that, but not so happy to find out I could not purchase it due it being recalled. I e-mailed Hasbro in regards to the cases, but no answer. I guess we all have to go back to Star Cases in order to keep our figures protected. You would think Hasbro would come out with a full line of these and sell them through Star Wars Shop or their own site for all their Star Wars figure lines. Just my two cents.

Cool Re: ROTS Target star case recalled?

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_robb
    I pulled a Revenge of the Sith figure of the pegs and fit it into the case and closed it and guess what? It fit exactly perfect. No bending of the card, no problem with the case not snapping shut.QUOTE]
    What did the cases look like? Were they the same cases from the "LAVA VADER" figure (with the little round peg hole at the top of the case http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...lavaclamfr.jpg), or was the case like the the one from the "SA CLONE TROOPER" figure (with the j-peg style hook at the top of the case http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...rgetclamfr.jpg)?
    The cases that I bought were similar to the ones that came w/ the "LAVA VADER", and are a bit too small for the card backs... about 1/8" to 1/16" too small. The very top of the card has to be compromised in order for it to fit in the case. (the "LAVA VADER" figure that I bought is screwed up at the top of its card... it's all bent up in order to fit in the case ) From all of the reports I've read, except Darth Robb's, people are having the same issue, with variations in their reports of the size discrepancies (I've heard that the cases are 2 centimeters too small in some instances... which I find hard to believe... apparently some people don't know just how big 2 centimeters really is ).
    Darth Robb, I think you lucked out on the size of the cases that you opened. Perhaps this isn't an "across the board" situation, but it seems like it's a problem with the majority of the cases bought. I'm still hoping that enough people inform Hasbro, and they can rectify the situation.
    Last edited by jaxx; 05-06-2005 at 02:19 PM.

According to Rebelscum, the cases are being destroyed at the Target distribution centers. I guess Hasbro is going to remake them the right size (if at all that is).
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Angry Re: ROTS Target star case recalled?

Haw haw haw haw ! Target/Hasbro trying to rip us off again. Did the malcontents at Hasbro even try to put a figure in one of the cases? God and target we donít need that unfriendly bunch selling any more exclusive figurers.I will be glad when this is over already because trying to find exclusives at target is a nightmare. Why is it Wal-Mart has a ton of the early bird figurers and with toys r us at least you knew there was an issue. Toys r us at least told us when they were going to be in and were nice enough to let me use my recite from the midnight event to get a yoda when they came in. I hate target and all there crack head employees with a passion. I was there yesterday and two of them came out of the stock room with about 15 exclusive clone troopers and had the nerve to tell me they were selling them on eBay! When i asked for one they told me no. I even spoke to the manager turns out he is one of the two buying the figurers he said we stock at 8am every day. I was there at 7:55 am and there was not one clone trooper on the floor. I love star wars and i love my collection but target really makes my hobby very difficult and frustrating. I whish Wal-Mart did more exclusives. Target deserves what they get and i make it a point to call there guest relations and complain everyday just my way of saying hi to the dirty m***er ****ers!

You dont know the power of the dark side!
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 05-06-2005 at 06:43 PM. Reason: merged back to back posts.

It seems that for whatever reason, the cases hold some figures just fine, while others such as the TRU Yoda absolutely does not fit w/o damaging the card.