Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Clone Trooper with Jet Pack

Why, oh WHY does the head on this figure not turn?

This fig would be PERFECT if the head turned. I still like it, but he comes with what looks like a sniper rifle but can't bring it up to his head to aim it, or even come close to looking like he is aiming it.

I might swap it out for a DC-10 rifle as that can be held single-handed and looks more realistic than using the rifle he came with in one hand, but still...can anyone think of a good reason why the head would have been molded so as not to move at all?

Plain-old side-to-side movement would have been just fine...didn't need a ball joint or anything...
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Re: Clone Trooper with Jet Pack

What are the elbows on the fig, are they like the Clone Pilot or Clone Commander type elbow articulation?

Huh? No head articualtion!?!

That's it, I'm not buying it!
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Is the Clone Trooper with Jet Pack in the movie or is it just EU? I haven't seen any released images of him.

He also doesn't have peg holes in his feet. I was hoping that we could get a few of them to stand on the pegs of the Gunship and be ready for deployment, but no peg holes. Between that and the head, I was not impressed.

Our dog chewed up the one we had open...I don't think I'll get a replacement.
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=navy][size=3]President of the[/size] "Save the Wampa[size=3](s)[/size][size=4]" [/size][size=3]Foundation.[/size][/color][/size][/font][/b]
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by beckmen
    Huh? No head articualtion!?!

That's it, I'm not buying it!

There is head articulation - they stick, but it does have it.
    Real men buy Willrow

I like this figure, but I still don't see why Hasbro had to make it a $10.00 Deluxe figure. The jet-pack accessory is great, but it really isn't worth the extra money IMO. I have 1 carded and 1 loose but I don't plan on buying any more for that price.
    May the force be with you.

I agree SK, much like the John Kerry Gen. Riekaan figure.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    There is head articulation - they stick, but it does have it.
    Are you sure? Do you have the ability to post a pic? The head was really resistant to moving...I tried fairly hard because I could not believe that the head could not move, but I didn't want to break it.

I've got the second one I bought in the package, still. If I can get the head to move on the open one, I will open the second one. Otherwise, the second one is going back.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by manji
    Is the Clone Trooper with Jet Pack in the movie or is it just EU? I haven't seen any released images of him.
    There were a few in that one episode of Clone Wars, however I dont remember the wings being that big... IIRC