Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

comic shops

Comic shops are the only place you can find any sort of variety of figures here in Ottawa.

It's either face the high prices there or look at a sea of Bespin Leias at Wal-mart and TRU.

I'm all for joining up with this group of my fellow Canadians to search out the elusive figures that Hasbro thinks only Americans should be able to buy easily.

Hasbro are a bunch of idiots.

I just read that Wal-marts are clearing out the Teebo wave for under a $1 each across the U.S.

Canada doesn't get one of these figs that would have sold for $9 CDN. but the Wal-marts in the U.S. are selling them for next to nothing.

Hasbro has to be the worst run company I've seen in a long time. My guess is that they will be in receivership in the next few years or bought out by someone else. There sense of marketing is very poor and it is a wonder they haven't been hurting financialy more than they have been.

The Star Wars line is what is keeping them a float, (in my opinnion) and they are starting to turn off buyers.

What a bunch of Knobs.

Are they rubbing our nose in the fact that Canada gets screwed again.... What the hell is this free trade all about if the Wal-marts can't send the overstock to their stores in Canada....Or is the agreement there only to benefit the U.S.?

Originally posted by greedo
    Hasbro are a bunch of idiots.

I just read that Wal-marts are clearing out the Teebo wave for under a $1 each across the U.S.

Whaaat?

Does this company even have any idea how stupid they are?

(Preview figures sighted at TRU's in Ottawa by the way)
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Hasbro, Im ffom British Columbia canada. And we DO have walmarts here and Toys R Us. We havent had hardly anything new over the past 2 years. Im sure all Canadians are feeling this right now too. Maybe if you stopped making cases with so many figures which no one would buy more than 2 of then the shelves would clear faster. And If US Walmarts are overstocked ship em up here. I know Walmart has that "we are proud to carry Canadian products" crap all over there advertising. But you should try and push this with them a little more. I have bought alot of figures form my Walmart hoping that would spark reorders, but how many Ketwols and Duros can you buy?? I mean bought like 12 Bespin guards just for the sake of clearing pegs. At least I can use them. Please make the extra effort to help us out up here. All it takes is a bit more thinking and a bit more ingenuity on your part and leave the rest to us, the collectors to buy it. We also pay more for our figures up here and devote more of our hard earned money to them than US collectors do. Why else would Comic and specialty shops buy so many if they didnt see the need?? Please help us we want to buy into your product, just give us the chance to do it.

i just don't understand it. it makes no sense. i haven't paid overly high prices, simply cause i won't. i paid 25 bucks for my luke bacta tank at a comic shop, cause i had the extra money and it was before they came out up here. amanaman was 22 at another comic shop, that i didn't feel so bad about.

i won't pay stupid prices to order from the states, and i won't pay stupid prices from shops around here cause i just can't. i'm not rich, i'm really really broke. thank goodness someone sent me the 12inch luke and speeder as a gift :P

hasbro, if you're reading this...i think you should be fair and send your toys everywhere. we deserve them too.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Registered
    Ontario, CANADA where there are no TARGET stores

hasblow

I have to agree with the above posts. There is nothing worse than finding you aren't getting the last couple of waves of figures in the line. Never mind the exclusive vehicles that I end up paying nearly $100 for after shipping and the poor exchange rate of the Canadian peso(wait a minute, let's not insult the peso) Thank goodness I know a toy shop where I can buy the figures for $15 plus tax. Anyone buying the Teebo wave on sale for $1 in the US... I'll be happy to pay you 500% on your inverstment...
    Don't drink the blue milk! Why? It's spoiled!

Time for Hblow to Taste our Steel??

I hate when "exclusive" means we're gonna be "excluded" from the list of people who get a choice to buy a product at retail. I must echo the above sentiments wholeheartedly. You think that craft loving martha stewart types get told- "oh, we aren't getting any new knick knacks in for spring- you might want to buy your patio furniture online, or just buy some of this stuff leftover from winter and just paint it green, or something". Or even "no, we're not getting ANY new running shoes this season, we ordered way too many last year and decided that it was just too much trouble dealing with it". I know it's Hblows fault, but you can't let places like TRU off the hook completely, they're the ones that create the over supply that leads to slack demand in the first place. What are we gonna do?? I think we should get the Beer companies in on it, they seem to like standing up for the little guy. Get them to make it clear that if SW figures don't come North, beer don't go south. We could call it "the beer stays here" and it.... nawwww, let's just send some well written (yet somehow ominous, of course) emails to whoever will listen. Together we will not be denied. WE DEMAND SATISFACTION (sounds better than GIVE US TEEBO when you yell it out) Woooooo. Wooooo. WOOOOOOO!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

give me fx-7!!!
    how could you release the bacta tank set and not give us fx-7!?!??!
    meanies!

ok, i'm done.
    i still love you hasbro.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

I have to admit, the FX-7 droid is becoming one of my favorites. It is really well done, all the arms move and bend.... cool.

Originally posted by greedo
    I have to admit, the FX-7 droid is becoming one of my favorites. It is really well done, all the arms move and bend.... cool.
    Were you able to find one greedo? and if so where?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!