Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Canadian Releases

If any of the Hasbro folks are scanning these forums please read and reply or at least consider..

I'm in Canada, I have been collecting since 1977..

I find it very difficult to find many of the figures because they get cut from release in Canada. Why is this? Why does the Canadian line get cut short?

The only difference between the U.S. and Canadian line is the packaging, not the sculpting. Hasbro is loosing a lot of sells here in Canada and discourage a lot of collectors because of the above mentioned. I'm sure a large population of collectors quit collecting because they knowing that all the figures won't even reach our Canadian retail outlets.

I'm tired of having to pay double the regular price from comic stores and on-line stores, just to finish my collection and am considering stopping to collect... I have every figure made since 1995 and would like to continue to collect but can't afford comic store prices for every other wave released....

Exclamation Sympathetic to your cause...

Hello Greedo!

I totally hear you! For as badly distributed as the figures are here in the some parts of the USA, I can't even imagine what my life would be like up in Canada. I went to Japan in 2000 to visit relatives there. Imagine my surprise when I saw all of the last waves of Episode I figures there in huge amounts! There were tonnes of TC-14s, R2-B1s, Sio Bibbles, Amidala (Battle)s, and the rest. They also had all of the exclusives there as well- and get this... I found them all at Toys-R-Us! It didn't matter where I went. If there was a TRU, I stopped in- whether it was Tokyo, Osaka, Koriyama or wherever, they all had the same stock! I'm not sure what the collector's market is like there, but it would have been sheer heaven.

I suppose you have to go on the internet, as I often do, to find many of the items that you can't find, which sounds like an awful lot.

Meanwhile... my local Kmart has tonnes of the X-Wing Luke, Ketwol, DSE Han, Jedi Training Obi-Wan, pleasure tongue Jar-Jars, Bespin guards and Duros warming the pegs for $6.88USD each! They recently over-ordered on the Deluxe Luke and Maul sets and now THOSE are warming the pegs for $9.99USD each. I have a pretty good idea that they won't be getting the Leia or Amanaman or any of the last POTJ wave, which totally stinks.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Greedo, have you had much luck with trades?

I trade with a few guys in Canada all the time. I like collecting foreign figures, just my favorites though. I usually trade 1 for 1 with POTJ, EP1, POTF2, etc. Sometime I can't find anything so I buy for their cost. Other times it's the other way around.

I managed to snag a Swimming Jar-Jar, and R2-B1 for a guy up there for $1.97 each at TRU. We collectors gotta stick together.

Of course it isn't perfect, shipping is usually pretty expensive. So we usually wait til there are several figs to trade/buy/sell.
    May the force be with you.

trades

I use to trade with a couple of guys on the net. I don't feel real comfortable simply because you never know if they are scamming you or not.

I will probably order my toys on line from a store I have ordered from before. I might try the comic stores here too, or take a drive to Grand Forks, ND.

I'm not sure why Canada gets treated like we do, we have a fair population and judging from the sales at the wal-marts etc. the toys aren't sitting too long. Except Bespin Leia and mechanic Chewy.

It would be nice if our TRU's could carry U.S. packages, then we could get all the U.S. stuff. One would think that TRU would carry the same stuff and not be so border restricted. What ever happened to free trade?

Now there is rumor that the Collectors edition Episode II figures are US only.... what the *@#% is that all about.

If Hasbro is listening....or reading.... get with the program, stop sending truck loads of the same wave to the stores, then you won't wonder why Wal-Mart and TRU's Canada stopped ordering your toys.

Include all the waves and toy lines for Star Wars to Canada and stop screwing the customers that are keeping you in business.

I don't find your business sense makes any sense. Wouldn't it cost more to make molds for toys and only make them in limited amounts? You are loosing money by not releasing them in Canada, I know that when the new waves hit the stores. they are pretty well gone in a couple of days.

I wish other collectors in Canada would jump on this forum to make a difference. Quit being so passive..speak out...help Canadian collectors stay in the loop.. I'm getting tired of paying 16.99 Canadian for a 8 dollar toy.

I would like to continue collecting, but may stop if I can't access all the waves and toys...

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by greedo
    Now there is rumor that the Collectors edition Episode II figures are US only.... what the *@#% is that all about.

If Hasbro is listening....or reading.... get with the program, stop sending truck loads of the same wave to the stores, then you won't wonder why Wal-Mart and TRU's Canada stopped ordering your toys.

Include all the waves and toy lines for Star Wars to Canada and stop screwing the customers that are keeping you in business.

I don't find your business sense makes any sense. Wouldn't it cost more to make molds for toys and only make them in limited amounts? You are loosing money by not releasing them in Canada, I know that when the new waves hit the stores. they are pretty well gone in a couple of days.

I wish other collectors in Canada would jump on this forum to make a difference. Quit being so passive..speak out...help Canadian collectors stay in the loop.. I'm getting tired of paying 16.99 Canadian for a 8 dollar toy.

I would like to continue collecting, but may stop if I can't access all the waves and toys...
    OK...I'm here...

I too have a BIG problem with the distribution of figures / vehicles (especially vehicles) to Canada. I really, really, really HATE the fact that I ordered a B-Wing from TARGET.COM, and they said that I would receive it in 12 - 14 business days. Then when I inquired on my order a couple of weeks later, they told me that they do not ship to Canada and that I would not receive my order and thus they credited my account. There are no TARGETS in Canada...and thus when there are TARGET exclusives...like the B-wing and the Skiff....we can't get them. The nearest TARGET store is 300 miles from my home.

Now about the latest wave....FX-7, I had to pay US $$$ + Exchange to get these figures! Why....because Hasbro is not releasing these figures to Canada.

So Hasbro....tell us all....why are we Canadians always getting the short end of the light-staff?
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I too hate the distribution o fthe figures up here. I live right by the ny border, so I tend to get lucky(figures-wise!) sometimes. I got amanaman from the local scalpers for 1499 can., which is cheaper than I would've dared hope. I really wanted the swimming jar jar, and I've never even seen the figure with my own eyes. The tru here, and somehow the one over the river too, are hardly worth going to. In Canada we have the bilingual thing, so many retailers won't even carry the english only packages. IT SUCKS!!! I think I'm gonna have to try trading,too.

good to see, keep them coming.... maybe if we have a hundred or so complain, Hasbro might do something about it?

Come on Canada, I am Canadian......hear me roar. eh..

Can anyone tell me if all the ATOC 3 3/4 figures will be distributed in Canada?

I read one place before that the Delux were US only, is this true?

I have seen the Deluxe (Luke, Leia, Maul, Amanaman) on multi-lingual cards!

As for AOTC/EP2 previews, I couldn't say.

mabudon, $14.99 CAD for the Deluxe Figs?!?!

Target in the US is charging $15.99 USD!!!