Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Scaled Rep. Questions

I bought the Luke ESB Force FX saber a month ago, and I noticed that the rubber grips are slightly pulling away from the metal.

I'm planning on buying the Luke ROTJ and Mace scaled replicas, and am wondering if they have any problems with degradation.

Well? Do they?
    Last edited by Portlyman; 05-06-2005 at 10:13 PM.

Re: Scaled Rep. Questions

What do you mean by "degradation"? Do you mean will they rust, corrode, etc. over time? Or do you mean is some of the detail lost in the miniaturization process?

If it's the former, then no I have had any problems as long as you care for them appropriate. For my part, I try to handle them only while wearing latex gloves, and I have a silver and a gold polishing cloth from Wal-Mart to clean them with.

If it's the latter question, I don't think any detail is lost. In fact, the miniaturized detail seems so much more intricate than the full-scale sabers.

Hope one of these answers your question.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

The first half of my first post contains the context for the question in the second half.

I'm afraid I don't have any of the Scaled Replicas, but I am surprised to hear about your ESB FX saber's grips coming off. I've had mine for a while now, it's always been loose in the house, I swing it around periodically, yet nothing's happened, I just checked and they are just as nice as when I got it. I have a house that is usually quite destructive to rubber, any LEGO set I have with standard rubber bands will have those bands ruined in a matter of weeks, even if they're not being flexed; also, I have very acidic skin, I have certain metals tarnish pretty fast and I wear paint and chrome off stuff fairly quickly, yet again no troubles with either of the Luke ESB or Vader FX sabers in any regard.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just returned home with ROTS Obi and Sidious Minis. Happy happy happy.

They're smaller than I thought they'd be, but that doesn't matter. I'll post a picture later with some objects to compare them with.

Now I just have to wait for Luke and Mace to arrive. Friday will rock.

[edit]
    I guess I won't be posting pictures. The uploads' broken.
    Last edited by Portlyman; 05-10-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Upload is not broken as far as I know, what error message are you receiving?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This is for people who don't have an idea about the size of the scaled minis, since the pictures (even the comparisons with the 1:1 sized) seem misleading.

In the third picture, the keyboard is much smaller than it is in real life , probably because I had to get in so close to take the pictures. (The homemade saber in front is 8.5 inches.) Forgive the bluriness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-mini1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	11175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-mini2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	11176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-mini3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	11177  

This may put it a better perspective. Hold a CD case in your case. Look at the length of the vertical edge. That's how long the mini-sabers are (give or take 1/4 inch on both ends).

EDIT: Except Darth Sidious. His and Yoda's sabers are smaller than the rest.
    Last edited by Sith Lord 0498; 05-12-2005 at 09:10 PM.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Portlyman
    "Cannot find server."
    Weird, nobody else reported any probs, you can post so the server IS online, dunno what that was about, but at least you obviously got it cleared up since you've attached 3 photos. BTW, cool pics, the Obi-Wan saber is the length I expected but I wasn't prepared for the narrowness (dunno why, looks totally accurate, just a "real world scaling issue" in my head ), Palps's saber seems like a real dink though, everybody says it is in the film though.