Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Super Articulated Clone #41!

I got my Super Articulated clone #41 yesterday. He has some dirt and grit to his paint job, but i assume he is identical to the Target clone, except for the paint job and #41's communications backpack array

Re: Super Articulated Clone #41!

I kind of like the dirt, it's different from other dirt paint apps in the past. It is the same as the Target Clone, just as the Target Clone is the same as the Clones war Super Clone just with new helmet. Whats the deal with the backpack?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Of the pics I've seen in package I didn't think there were going to do the backpack?

They did it, its black ,and fits into a small retangular notch on the top of the clones back plate armor, just below the neck line. The antena shoots out from behind the clones left side.

Sweet. I've passed on the #6 Clonetrooper (except for one to keep carded), because I wanted to army build (Well, maybe platoon build is more like it) with about 10 or so of the #41, which look much better IMO.

#6 has been easy to find and is still plentiful at a few stores. I hope #41 ships at least as many.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

I just want to find more than one of these. I hope Hasbro learned a lesson from the SA CW Clone
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I should warn people...#41 and the Target exclusive Clone are slightly different:

- The Target Clone's head/helmet has a nice deep ball socket, which allows for the helmet to sit low to the shoulders. #41 has a shallow socket, which causes the helmet to sit much higher, even to the point that the ball joint is exposed. While #41 has more neck mobility, I feel that the Target Clone looks more film accurate.

- #41 seems to have the clicky ratchet universal joints at the shoulders, elbows and knees found on the Clone Commander. The Target Clone's are smooth, just like the original Clone Wars SA Clone Trooper.

- #41's right hand is the same as the Clone Commander, while the Target Clone has the same pointing index finger as the original Clone Wars SA Clone Trooper.

- #41 has a new belt that sports a larger detonation device on the back. Some of the other utility pouches are different as well. The Target Clone is exactly the same as the original SA Clone.

- #41 seems to have a slightly retooled lower torso, which now has a toungue piece that fits in a groove on the belt, which keeps it from "spinning" around and keeps it oriented in the same direction. The Target Clone has the same free spinning belt as the original SA Clone.

- Now this next one is tough to explain, but I'll try. #41's right knee doesn't allow for the leg to be placed in a fully erect "straight" position, very much like the Clone Commander. The Target Clone is just like the original SA Clone and can straighten his leg just fine. The knee pad on #41 and the Clone Commander is much thicker in the area that sits flush against the knee. As far as I can tell, this may just be from mold expansion, but it is a considerable difference.

- #41 is much whiter, more in line with the Clone Commander. The Target Clone is a bit duller, like the original SA Clone.

- Obiously, #41 has the antannae, but doesn't come with a rifle version of the DC-15 blaster. The Target Clone has both versions of the DC-15.

That's pretty much it. I like the Target Clone much better. The head sits much to high on #41 IMOH. It wouldn't be so bad if they had painted the lower half of the ball joint black, like they did with the original SA Clone, but they didn't, and the ball joint really sticks out like a sore thumb. #41's right knee really bugs me too.

Angry Re: Super Articulated Clone #41!

When did these hit the shelves????!!!

I was there on Star Wars Days, draging my wife. So I have now one, but TWO Darth Vader Lava. got the Star Wars cups with figures, preety cool. Finished my Galactic heroes search, BUT the jerks working there didn't tell me about to SUPER CLONE TROOPER

AND NOW I"M MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

ps ggrrrrrrrr!

Well I got the Walmat Exclusive Dart Vader collector case with two action figures, one being Anakin and the other a clone. Now I gotta say I didnít pick the collector case at Wal-Mart, but at the Happiest Place on Earth DISNEYLAND!!! And to my surprise the clone that came with the case was the old super articulated clone from AOTC! Now I have both of the super articulated clones to compare, and I see some differences in the sculptures of the bodies. You can see major differences in the construction of the torso joint and the belt of the two figures.
    Hasbro would be wise to put out a three figure set, sort of documenting the evolution of the Clones to Storm Troopers, but make all of the figures super articulated!

Quote Originally Posted by fyifoff
    When did these hit the shelves????!!!

I was there on Star Wars Days, draging my wife. So I have now one, but TWO Darth Vader Lava. got the Star Wars cups with figures, preety cool. Finished my Galactic heroes search, BUT the jerks working there didn't tell me about to SUPER CLONE TROOPER

AND NOW I"M MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

ps ggrrrrrrrr!

Don't feel to angry, the Clone wasn't available on the first night like the Lava Vader. He has just begun to hit shelves, and Target in raping us with the $12.99 price tag.