Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: CA Lottery SW coins. (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Man, I can't find these anywhere. I've hit 4 7-Elevens in the Valley and they all look at me like I'm from Mars. They all have these stupid sports coins and point at those, at which I repeat for the tenth time that I am looking for the STAR WARS coins. Apparently "Star Wars" doesn't translate into Arabic very well.
    Aero on Burbank has them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Man, I can't find these anywhere. I've hit 4 7-Elevens in the Valley and they all look at me like I'm from Mars. They all have these stupid sports coins and point at those, at which I repeat for the tenth time that I am looking for the STAR WARS coins. Apparently "Star Wars" doesn't translate into Arabic very well.
    The Lottery website has a list of participating retailers. The one I went to had the coints taped to the inside of the lottery ticket case.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's a trip, no 7-11's in Burbank are selling them. Just 3 locations.
    (Like my posts)

Have found Luke, Leia, R2, and Yoda so far. They are pretty cool.

The store I went to last week was great. I thought you had to buy a $2 Scratcher to get one coin (i.e. a total of $3 per coin with ticket, for a grand total of $18 for the set ), but he said they were just $1 each, with no other items necessary to buy. I got the first four (he said the last two, Vader and Threepio, are due out this week), and I said, heck, give me a scratcher, too. His answer? We're out of them. Maybe that's why he sold them the way he did. Mine were a little dinged up, too, even inside the plastic cases.
    "That's what Sheev said."

On the way out of town to go camping this weekend, we popped into a deli/market that I had never been to before at White Oak and Vanowen and what do you know? They have the coins. I got Leia, Luke, R2, and Yoda all for a buck each no other purchase required. Guess I'll have to revisit that place frequently from now on. Great Italian sub too!

Well I got the first 2 in the mail that I bought from ebay, and I just bought the second 2. I guess next week i will try and buy the last 2.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

A friend at work pick me up a R2 and Yoda today, so I just Vadern and 3PO are left.

BTW what are these things selling on e-bay for? Curious how much collectors are getting the shaft.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    A friend at work pick me up a R2 and Yoda today, so I just Vadern and 3PO are left.

BTW what are these things selling on e-bay for? Curious how much collectors are getting the shaft.
    Looks like they are going for around 4-5 bucks a piece.

I didn't have to buy any lottery tickets, I just paid a buck each for the coins. After I bought the Darth Vader coin, the next day a guy told me they made a mistake and made a small amount of the DV coins in gold. I said mine is gold and he didn't believe me. When he saw it he offered me 40 bux, so I figured it might be a big deal so I hung on to it. Has anyone heard about this? I went down the next day to get more and the guy at the store said the vendor came in and pulled all of the gold DV coins and replaced them with silver. WOOT! for once I got lucky.

Here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DV.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	11250  
    Last edited by HRnB; 05-18-2005 at 05:39 PM.