Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

CA Lottery SW coins. Who has heard about them?

My wife brought home Luke and Leia today. They are kind of cool. On one side there's a relief of the character and on the other there's a SW Logo. I believe there are 6 in the set. Luke, Leia, Vader, R2, 3PO, and Yoda. Luke's coin is copper and Leia's is silver. The deal is you have to purchase a $2 scratcher and then you can buy the coins for $1 each. Who knows maybe other places are selling them outright.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 05-07-2005 at 08:20 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Re: CA Lottery SW coins. Who has heard about them?

These sound cool, like something I might want to collect. I need to search for a Cali Lotto website or something to see if there are any pics. Unless anybody else knows of some pics ?

Star Wars Collectors Coins

Star Wars collector coins are on sale now at a Lottery retailer near you. This limited edition set of six coins contains images of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, C-3PO and R2-D2 and are only available at participating retailers. http://www.calottery.com/images/game...rs/coinset.jpg These coins, available when you buy any Star Wars Scratchers ticket at a participating retailer, are being released two at a time through the month of May. The first two (Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia) will be available in early May, the next two (Darth Vader and R2-D2) in mid May and the last two (Yoda and C-3PO) in late May. Check back on May 10th for a searchable list of participating retailers.
    (Like my posts)

thanks Turbs, those are kind of cool. So the backside has the classic SW logo, eh ? Awesome.

That soundsd awesome, I want them.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Yeah, the back has the old Star Wars on it in big lettering and at the bottom it reads 2005 Lucasfilm LTD.&TM. They also come in a cheesy little clear slip case with a flap.
    (Like my posts)

Where are these coins?

Any one buy lotto tickets yet and actually get these coins? What places are selling them, and how much in addition to the lotto ticket?

Thanks!

Re: Where are these coins?

I think the coins are 1.00 if you buy a lottery ticket. There are six coins, exclusive to CA.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: Where are these coins?

I picked up some tix and 4 coins tonight, and the site's release order of the coins is wrong, the store had Luke, Leia, R2 and Yoda, but no Vader or 3PO. I was surprised at how big these coins are, I was expecting like dime-to-nickel sizes at the most, these things are like a half-dollar or so. R2 and Yoda have some wear on their finishes on the faces even though they're still in the plastic pouches, I didn't really get a chance to say anything about that though. Like a dope, I bought these for a friend and because I was low on funds, didn't get a set for myself, it didn't occur to me to just spend the $4 more until it was too late.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: CA Lottery SW coins. (merged)

Man, I can't find these anywhere. I've hit 4 7-Elevens in the Valley and they all look at me like I'm from Mars. They all have these stupid sports coins and point at those, at which I repeat for the tenth time that I am looking for the STAR WARS coins. Apparently "Star Wars" doesn't translate into Arabic very well.