Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vader Voice Changer Helmet

I keep telling myself I need one of those Darth Vader voice changer helmets.
    However I got one of those hugh heads 7 5/8, so I am not sure one will fit or not. Anyone have any idea if they are big enough?

Re: Vader Voice Changer Helmet

I bought a used one from the Wal-Mart where I work. They had used it for the Star Wars tent event, so I got it cheap, a donation to Childrens miracle network. I have a large noggin, and it does not snap together, though the straps that hold the mask on were wide enough barely to hold it in place, but the helmet didn't snap into the slots, so I end up looking like a shrunken helmet Vader.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Mine didnt snap very well either, but I fixed it up by putting some heavy velcro inbetween the pieces, worked pretty good.

By the way, I also have a "manhead" and it fits well.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

There was one ripped out of the package on the shelves and I couldn't resist trying it on (though I knew I might get blamed, I could demande they search the survalliance tapes). I didn't put the top helmet on, but it fit better than I thought it would. It's kind of one-size fits all, but if you have some kind of Stewie Griffin head I wouldn't reccomend trying it.

Though you can always just take it back, saying it doesn't work. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't work...

I am waiting for them to go on clearance. I'll prolly snag one if I find them for 20 or under. I have to admit even for 30 bucks it's not too bad, seems like a good helmet. You could spend 100 bucks easy on a replica...
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

My Post Exchange is gonna have these on sale for $19.99 this weekend, so I may pick one up. Other sale prices include Unleashed for $10.49 and the BARC, Obi-Wan Boga for $10.49 as well. I will probably buy a lot of stuff I have been waiting on.
    May the force be with you.

This thing isnt available in my country. Im planning to buy one online, and the price is about the same as Rubie's entry-level Vader helmet, but since i cant find a real helmet i could compare to, i couldnt decide which one is better built. I dont mind the scale, im just curious about the quality, both r made from plastic, but judging frm pics i see, the Hasbro looks finer, and the Rubie's looks almost as good and the helmet is slightly larger.

So, i have to depend on you guys, which one u think is better?

I have a 7 5/8 head also, plus I wear glasses. My helmet fits fine. The trick is to unsnap the headband before you put it on, and then snap it so its comfortable.

Visibility is okay, but not terrific.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Triplesaber
    So, i have to depend on you guys, which one u think is better?
    The detailing on the Hasbro one is actually better than the Rubies one. The little silver tips at the corners of the mouth are sculpted on the Hasbro one. They are just silver mylar sticker dots on the Rubies one. Granted, the Rubies one is a little heavier duty, but what are you gonna do with the helmet that it would need to be mega strong... wrestle with while it's on?!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    but what are you gonna do with the helmet that it would need to be mega strong... wrestle with while it's on?!!!

I'd ride a motorcycle with it on.....

You people got some Barry Bonds sized heads in here.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hopefully there is something worthwhile in those heads, otherwise it's just a waste of space and cells.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**