Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoda Mini?

Re: Yoda Mini?

Well, all the reports I have read were that this was limited to 3,000 pieces. It isn't a really popular saber IMO. A lot of fans and collectors who bought it were disappointed and sold them off on Ebay. I did notice that Bestbuy.com has it in stock, but I have yet to find one at retail. Odd....
    May the force be with you.

The Best Buy Mini Sidious saber was not limited to 3000.

This is part of the reason why so many went to eBay. At first many people thought it was a limited run. So, while the scalpers initially sold their lot on eBay, collectors who thought they might have a nice limited run piece, were wrong and some jumped ship by selling there's off as well.

Does someone have a link for this supposed Yoda Mini???
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    The Best Buy Mini Sidious saber was not limited to 3000.

This is part of the reason why so many went to eBay. At first many people thought it was a limited run. So, while the scalpers initially sold their lot on eBay, collectors who thought they might have a nice limited run piece, were wrong and some jumped ship by selling there's off as well.

Does someone have a link for this supposed Yoda Mini???
    Here's the link:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0007YWING

Yeah, I was disappointed in the chrome Sidious as well. Smoked chrome just doesn't look good on scaled lightsabers. In fact, the gold chase editions look just as awful in my eyes. At least Darth Alex wanted mine, so it went to another collector.

BTW, just picked up the Anakin ROTS mini-saber today. Very nice piece. You won't be disappointed.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

BTW, just picked up the Anakin ROTS mini-saber today. Very nice piece. You won't be disappointed.
    Where did you buy it? Was it at Best Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Where did you buy it? Was it at Best Buy?
    Yep. They had two in-stock (well one now ) I would say you can check the "store availability" feature at bestbuy.com, but it's unreliable. It says "unavailable" on the Wilkes-Barre PA entry, but they have all three in the store (Obi-Wan, Anakin, chrome Sidious).

My advice is to either check your local Best Buys or order them on-line if you have to.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Well, the Best Buy closest to me has never had any of the Master Replicas sabers. Every time I ask them about them they look at me like I'm from another planet...clueless, even in the "Media" section.

The other Best Buy (just 30 miles away) has had some stuff, a couple of weeks ago I found the new F/X Sabers there. Unfortunatly I won't be able to make that trip until this weekend.

But hey, at least I scored some of the new (#41 and #43) figures tonight, along with a couple of Target exclusive Clones that will be going up for trade bait shortly. There may be one or two folks here who could use one of these guys.

I saw the Yoda Mini Scaled Lightsaber in person at Celebration III. Its very small like the Sidious Mini. Still neat looking.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    The Best Buy exclusive was limited to 3,000.
    The Best Buy Exclusive was limited to 10,000 Amy confirmed this on another site. Yes, there will be both a Yoda mini and full sized prop from ROTS this year and recently announced in the interview on this site, the Darth Tyrannus Saber .45 will be battle damaged, originally the pics showed it normal, and there will be a Mace Windu ROTS Battle Damaged .45 but no mention of LE Replicas of those last two.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi1981
    The Best Buy Exclusive was limited to 10,000 Amy confirmed this on another site. Yes, there will be both a Yoda mini and full sized prop from ROTS this year and recently announced in the interview on this site, the Darth Tyrannus Saber .45 will be battle damaged, originally the pics showed it normal, and there will be a Mace Windu ROTS Battle Damaged .45 but no mention of LE Replicas of those last two.
    Battle-damaged??? Are you kidding me???!!! As much as I love MR's work and especially the scaled sabers, this is starting to sound like Hasbro with their rehashes. Darth Maul's saber made sense to be made with battle damage because the thing got cut in half. Creating that exclusive "weathered" Obi-Wan saber also made sense because it was essentially a different piece.

But just regular "wear and tear" damage??? That's taking it a little too far.

But just regular "wear and tear" damage??? That's taking it a little too far.
    You don't know that for sure, they are calling these things "battle damaged" and there are a lot of lightsaber battles in ROTS. Who knows what may or may not happen.