Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoda Mini?

Question Yoda Mini?

Is this breaking news?: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0007YWING

If not, everyone's been strangely silent.

While I'm on the subject, besides Best Buy, Walmart, and I guess Target, how many more well known, national (US) chain stores sell minis?

Re: Yoda Mini?

Maybe the retailer messed up, thinking the small yoda saber is a mino.

It's from Target. Perhaps it is a Target exclusive?

Amy? Amy?

No, it is a scaled replica. They had photos of it at Toy Fair 2005. There are six scaled sabers being released this year from ROTS: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Vader.

Nice to know they finally have release dates.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I noticed there on the bottom of the page the Darth Sidious mini saber. What's up with that? So much for panicking to get the "exclusive" from BestBuy. Could it be a different color perhaps? Mine is black. Guess I will definitely have to get the Yoda saber though. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    I noticed there on the bottom of the page the Darth Sidious mini saber. What's up with that? So much for panicking to get the "exclusive" from BestBuy. Could it be a different color perhaps? Mine is black. Guess I will definitely have to get the Yoda saber though. Thanks
    The Best Buy exclusive Darth Sidious mini-saber is completely plated in smoked chrome. The version that is listed on Target.com and other sites is the standard movie-accurate colored edition. Here are pics of both to illustrate the difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROTS_Darth Sidious_BBChrome.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	11162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROTS_Darth Sidious_Standard.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	11163  
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Thanks Sith Lord. Guess I'll have to get the other Sidious saber too. I can probably wait as they might be more plentiful than the BestBuy one. I did manage to snag one Yoda mini though. I can't wait till they make a Yoda FX.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    Thanks Sith Lord. Guess I'll have to get the other Sidious saber too. I can probably wait as they might be more plentiful than the BestBuy one.
    I originally bought the Best Buy version to "hold me over" until the standard version ships in June from MR, but I ended up selling it at cost to another collector because it doesn't look that great in person. I took the money from that sale and bought the standard Obi-Wan lightsaber instead.

As for the issue of whether or not the Best Buy saber will be plentiful, my local Best Buy has about 6 of them on the shelves. I think you'll be able to find them reasonably well, but I wouldn't hold off on it. If you're going to buy one, buy it now. They will never go on clearance, and who knows how long the stores will decide to carry it.

The Best Buy exclusive was limited to 3,000. The regular scaled saber will have a much higher run! I really like this saber for some reason. I know it's much smaller than all the others but the design is just too cool.

I want the regular scaled Sidious saber as well as the full sized one, though I may be limited on funds to buy the full sized one. I had the chance to see it up close at CIII, I also had the opportunity to see the one from the film in the Lucas Archives. I'm telling you, these things could have been from the same production run it is that close to the real deal! I have said this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas actually comissioned MR to produce the Darth Sidious lightsaber for EPIII. That's just speculation on my part, but it really is that good!

Anyway, I like the Yoda mini and will probably buy it as well.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    The Best Buy exclusive was limited to 3,000.
    Are you sure about that?? It seems like too small of a number considering Bestbuy.com constantly reposts it as "in stock" and for how many my Best Buy has. To be honest, I live in such a backwards region of Pennsylvania. We're almost always the last place to get anything that exclusive. Everybody kinda forgets about us.