Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

General Falls Apart...I mean Exploding Grievous

Has anyone else had the misfortune of trying to play with a #36 Exploding Body Grievous? I must say there was no playtesting involved at all with this figure.

His head secures fine (unlike the Battle Droid).

But the front and back of his chest barely stick together, and then when you put them on the waist section, it is all you can do to stand him up without him falling about again.

And don't even attempt to put him back in his cape.

I must say that this is the worst figure I have ever tried to play with.
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=navy][size=3]President of the[/size] "Save the Wampa[size=3](s)[/size][size=4]" [/size][size=3]Foundation.[/size][/color][/size][/font][/b]
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]

Re: General Falls Apart...I mean Exploding Grievous

Don't worry, you're not alone on that. I bought an extra one to open up, because I figured with the 'exploding' feature it would be neat to play with. Boy was I wrong!! As soon as I removed the cape and undid the little clear rubber band/wire that was on the upper body of the figure, he just fell right apart. What I did was I took that wire and wrapped it back around the figure best as I could. He still wants to fall apart, but I have set him up on the shelf and haven't touched him since. Absolutely ZERO play value there because while the idea of the exploding feature is nice, its impossible to keep together for longer than 2 seconds when you don't want it falling into pieces all the time.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

yes, i played with it for about a minute then put the rubber band back on him. i was hoping that it would at least stay on a stand, but no he'll either bend forward or back and fall off. so , yet again the soft plastic legs and great design shine thru for hasbro.yea._
    later

I thought he would be like the Saga super battle droid, which was bad enough, but you breathe on him and he falls apart.

A cloth cape would have been nice. At least you could put it back on.

I actually only bought this Grievous because i thought he looked cool with his cloak draped across him. I had no plans of trying out the exploding feature anyways so im keeping it on him. Sucks to hear that he doesnt have much value though, i will be sure not to pick him up for my brother if its just going to break apart.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yeah. mine falls apart like crazy. Too bad they used a magnet to hold it together and not a clicky piece of plastic. His design ideation is the same as Kenner's Scopien Alien (Part of my second favorite toy line...), and that figure stayed together just fine.

I'm not sorry I bought this fig, though. He not terrible, over-all. He looks cool with his cape on. You can always glue him back together, use cheap hot glue if you don't want it perminant.
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

Quote Originally Posted by beckmen
    I'm not sorry I bought this fig, though. He not terrible, over-all. He looks cool with his cape on. You can always glue him back together, use cheap hot glue if you don't want it perminant.
    I tried to talk my son into letting me glue it, but he was unimpressed. I am going to try tonight and see if this cool cape will fit over the regular Grievous. If it will, that will be a good combo.
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=4][color=navy][size=3]President of the[/size] "Save the Wampa[size=3](s)[/size][size=4]" [/size][size=3]Foundation.[/size][/color][/size][/font][/b]
    [b][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by aricajade
    I am going to try tonight and see if this cool cape will fit over the regular Grievous. If it will, that will be a good combo.
    Exactly what my son did with his...

i used the same thing i used to keep all them lightsabers from falling out ,
    a small chunk of sticky tack, the stuff works wonders and dosent stain the plastic or crimp it like the lil rubberbands do
    Meatwad Make The Money See ,Meatwad Get The Honeys G ,Drivin In My Car, Livin' Like A Star,Ice On My Fingers And My Toes And I'm A Taurus.

I just left the cape on mine and he's on the shelf. *shrug* It's not like I plan on exploding him over and over again. LOL
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**