Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wookie Warrior color variant

Seems there are two versions of the Wookie Warrior #43 out there. I found a few last week and all of them were a light tan color but the Wookies I saw today were a much darker chocolate brown color.

Pretty cool that they're giving us color variants on this army builder but having heard nothing of this until seeing it today I'm wondering if the new color is an actual running change or is it Hasbro's intention to give us different colors to choose from. If it is a running change then the Tan colored Wookie that only showed up for about a week or so might end up being pretty rare. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow when I have more time since I have both if anyone is interested in seeing the difference, its pretty significant.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: Wookie Warrior color variant

wonder if they're actual variants or just productions errors? either way, you should post some pics of them.

I'd say its definitely a variation and not a production error. Here is the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wookie color variant 002.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	11167  
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

I thought they looked different. I got one about two weeks ago onm lay-away and saw two more today. Looked different, because it was the blonder one. Thought I was insane(I am), but not on this one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Saw news about this variation posted on another site also.

I'm glad that there's another version -- not just because I wasn't wild for the "blonde" one -- but because it makes sense to have more than one version.

Wonder if we'll see even more Wookie variants.
    plasticfetish.net

Hellboy any chance you could provide Date Stamp info for the Darker Brown version?

Thanks

Here ya go.

Tan/blonde Wookie date stamp: 50801
    Dark brown Wookie date stamp: 50871

Thats not a bad variant IMO, plus given how the wookie comes with several weapons already it wont be difficult to make them all look a little different from each other. I think this Wookie Warrior is probably one of my favorite figures from the ROTS line, probably because he comes with the Wookie Water Blaster!
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I found Blondie tonight, same date code as what Hellboy had for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KAK
    I think this Wookie Warrior is probably one of my favorite figures from the ROTS line, probably because he comes with the Wookie Water Blaster!
    Yeah, but the figure can only hold the blaster upside-down in relation to the Super Soaker version. I'm not totally sure which version is correct though, and he holds it really nicely in his left hand when it's upside-down like that. I like the figure because he's a wookiee who isn't all buffed up like the preview fig and Tarfful, but he has the same crummy knee articulation as Tarfful and the thumb-held crossbow (though this is in better colors than Tarf's), and #43's bandolier is thick plastic and bright orange, reminds me of a He-Man accessory. Also, I'm not down with all these Wookiee figs having the "roaring" face, but at least it makes some sense here I suppose; I wish his head was softer plastic though, the ball-jointed neck is pretty much useless. His action gimmick is kinda annoying but doesn't get in the way too bad, though his shoulers don't look so nice for it. All in all, he's pretty cool, but probably not my favorite in the line.

(Sorry, nobody's talking about this fig in the ROTS section and I just found him tonight. )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hope to get the vanilla one because it wold be nice to have a colour variation in the Wookiee ranks. If I find a chocolate one afterwards... that's fine, too.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**