Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast

NoCal/Northbay Reports....

Well, the north bay area has been kept pretty up to date as the year winds to a close....

A couple of weeks ago the area WalMarts got in the Action Collection Luke/Yoda set...as of today, only the Windsor one still had any...
    WM also got in ONE case each of the FX-7 wave...alas by the time I arrived, the Black Travel Dress Queens were long gone...fantastic FX-7 figure, though!

Target has been getting in a decent amount of older POTJ cases for those that need to catch up (especially with the Lando wave, including the elusive black R2 unit!) They also finally dropped the price on the 12" Luke/SpeederBike sets to around $20. Regretfully, the boxes also looked like they'd been dropped (kicked).....

TRU has gotten in ALOT of the EmpWrath Vader wave and alot of the Obi/Sub sets from Episode One have been turning up as well.
    Also, the DSD wave of 12" has been hitting again regularly for any who missed it the first time around. The Han figure in that wave is still the first to disappear...
    Another interesting find at the Emeryville TRU....a whole shelve of EpOne Trade Federation Tanks! Still $17.99 each, but for those who missed 'em the first time 'round, here's your chance...this TRU also had the Bacta Luke deluxe wave as well....

KB Toys (MontVillage) & EB's in the plaza is another good place to find the deluxe (1st) wave....

However, the motherlode of deluxe figures around here is K Mart!
    Both assortments in good numbers (although it looked like Amanaman was disappearing faster than any of the others) and at $9.99, they're also the best deal. They also had a good number of the Shmi wave, so if you're still missing Ma Skywalker, here's your chance....

Well, that's about it for around here....play safe and happy hunting all!!

Thanks for the North Bay update JediBear!

I have yet to see hide nor hair of the FX-7 wave here in the East Bay, nor the Amanaman assortment. From your report, looks like K-Mart is the place to keep checking. Our Targets are flooded with the R2-Q5 wave.

just stopped by KMart again tonight (more holiday shopping) and they also had a few cases of the Lando wave....still had plenty of the Leia/Cannons (and about half as many Amanamans left)....

Maybe we'll have to wait til WonderCon to catch those last few figures....

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

I failed to mention on the 21'st, that right after reading JediBear's Amanaman update, I ran out on a break to the Fruitvale Ave. (Oakland) SuperK-Mart and viola, 8 cases of the Amanaman/Leia on the pallet just waiting for me. Picked up two of each (1 for me and a friend), and a 2'nd Amanaman for myself to open.

Great find, and a great tip!

Wow,There is a few people in the bay area that collect.....
    I'll post my finds

Walmart:Vallejo
    No Figures
    But New Star wars Legos

Target:Vallejo
    r2-q5 Wave (No R2-q5)
    Luke X-wing wave
    Obi Wan training wave
    Luke Speeder bike 27.00 bucks
    New Legos

Tru:Vallejo:
    Nothing...

Target:Pinole
    New Legos

TRU:Pinole
    Old Obi Wan EU wave
    Obi Wan Training wave
    Luke X wing Wave
    12"dewback
    12" FIGURES..

JDM...

Wow,There is a few people in the bay area that collect.....
    I'll post my finds

Walmart:Vallejo
    No Figures
    But New Star wars Legos

Target:Vallejo
    r2-q5 Wave (No R2-q5)
    Luke X-wing wave
    Obi Wan training wave
    Luke Speeder bike 27.00 bucks
    New Legos

Tru:Vallejo:
    Nothing...

Target:Pinole
    New Legos

TRU:Pinole
    Old Obi Wan EU wave
    Obi Wan Training wave
    Luke X wing Wave
    12"dewback
    12" FIGURES..

JDM...

Nice to hear from you, JDM. There are MANY collectors of StarWars that I know of. It just doesn't seem like most in our area are to "conversive". It get the sense that a lot of people in the Bay Area don't want to share info. because they are afraid someone out there will grab all the stuff (eg., scalpers who sell things for more than they paid). I figure once I have snagged the wave I'm looking for, let others know so they can find.

To my knowledge, there is me, you, JediBear, Grayhank, and LoneJedi who correspond on occasion from our area.

Found 2 R2-Q5 today,But Packaging was messed Up,still got them anyways..

Sorry for the Double Post

I haven't seen the FX-7 wave yet

I'm in the Army Building Crazy

JDM

A few Finds today:
    Kmart:Pinole
    Leia/slave outfit with Cannon(Deluxe)

HTH JDM..........

Okay, I'm going to reply primarily for the sake of keeping our tiny but MIGHTY (yeah, right) NorCal thread going, here.

Anyway, I did find the 25'th Anniversary figs. at WalMart for 14.97, kind of expensive. I like the sculpts and paintjobs. Main problem is the lack of articulation which would allow us to move the figures out of the pose they are in, should we want to. These don't seem to be moving very fast, I found them at 3 different WalMarts, far past the date they were first put on the shelves.