Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

The Official Star Wars Masks & Helmets Thread

We had one of these threads a long time ago. But with the arrival of NEW Helmets and Masks coming out this year from various companies -its time to restart it!

So here's the place to chat about great helmets and masks from Rubies, Altmann's, Master Replicas, Riddel, mystery, and the good ol' Don Post.

And what better way to start with current events! Today I recieved my Supreme Edition Darth Vader Helmet from Rubies in the mail. I ordered it at Celebration III. The Rubies employees were very nice and friendly. I couldnt take it home with me on the plane -so they offered to ship it home to me for FREE! That sealed the deal! But I got to say, its frikin' amazing! Its about 1:1 scale and made of strong plastic, and holds together with some super strong velcro. Its also nicely padded on the inside and has some good straps to fit someones head. Now I'd never wear it because I'm too short (as most people are) to play Vader. But its a great collectible!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: The Official Star Wars Masks & Helmets Thread

I'm pretty excited about the MR stuff being released in the summer, it should prove to be some of the best ones out there and with a number of helmets available from the Star Wars Universe the line shouldn't die too quickly. Also, let's not forget that Gentle Giant is coming out with their Armory Collection later this year maybe early next which will supply us with new Mini Helmets on specialized bases. Now if only MR would make .45 Helmets I'd be happy!

I've been the proud owner of two Don Post Deluxe helmets for a while. I have the Vader Deluxe #600 and Scout Trooper Deluxe #2. I came dangerously close to clicking on the order button when the Rubies Vader costume was up on Starwars.com for $999.00. But I didn't do it right away and now it isn't available for order anymore. Who knew they'd get swamped with that much interest?

But anyway, it'll be interesting to see what comes out this year. Maybe something to add to the collection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoutvaderws.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	11190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoutvader2.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	11191  

Those are great helmets stillakid. I'm proud of my new addition as well. It would be great if Rubies made more Supreme Edition Helmets. I'm gonna try and get a few pictures up my new Supreme Edition Vader helmet.

That Supreme Vader costume went pretty fast stillakid. I'd really like to see one in person -see how Rubies better quality turned out.

Does anyone know how good those Supreme Edition Vader costumes are?
    I'm curious about the actual quality of the different parts... never before have I seen the entire Vader collection for sale in one package.

May the force be with you.

You know, I believe I saw the Supreme Edition Vader costume at Celebration III. They (Rubies) had a life sized Vader at at their booth. I thought it was just for display -but I think that was actually the Supreme Edition Vader costume. If it was it looked good! I suppose you just have to be tall enough to wear it and make it look good yourself.

Can someone post which helmets each company are bringing out? Id love to add a helmet to my collection, it would be a great high end collectible which would aid in helping my collection stand out a bit, in a large crowd of collectors.

Welcome to the boards Anakins Shadow!

Rubies and Master Replicas are the primary Star Wars Helmets makers now.

Master Replicas has several Clone Trooper Helmets from Episode III in the works. Including the basic white Trooper, Blue Special Oops Trooper and a Red Shock Trooper helmet that I saw at Celebration III. They also have a large fiberglass Darth Vader Helmet in the works now that'll be out later in the year. They also had a Stormtrooper prototype helmet on display at CIII also.

Rubies has a 'Supreme Edition Darth Vader Helmet' out now. It costs about $100 and is made of plastic, but its very nice! I have this one. I'm making a display stand for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Welcome to the boards Anakins Shadow!

Rubies and Master Replicas are the primary Star Wars Helmets makers now.

Master Replicas has several Clone Trooper Helmets from Episode III in the works. Including the basic white Trooper, Blue Special Oops Trooper and a Red Shock Trooper helmet that I saw at Celebration III. They also have a large fiberglass Darth Vader Helmet in the works now that'll be out later in the year. They also had a Stormtrooper prototype helmet on display at CIII also.

Rubies has a 'Supreme Edition Darth Vader Helmet' out now. It costs about $100 and is made of plastic, but its very nice! I have this one. I'm making a display stand for it now.

Thnks for the welcome! Im on a few boards under the Name JabbaPeconi, joined here as i felt it was a more "mature" crowd, seems to be so already.

Anyway, back on topic, How much are the MR Clone helmets? Are the Blue Special Ops ones released yet? Im assumung the helms from them are pricey due to the fact that they come from MR. Im pondering the idea of getting one as a main focus for a shelf. It is unfortunate that MR has such a large price tag, it hinders them from getting thier product to more collectors.

Master Replicas has the white Clone Helmet for sale on their site. Several other etailers have them for preorder now -which I think is the way to go. They run around $350 more or less.

Any good helmet you get is a great display piece.