Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What have you bought & how do you like it?

So far the only ROTS set I have picked up is the starfighter. I like it a lot.

Now that I have a few nickles in my pocket I am looking to invest in a couple more sets. So the questions are:

What have you bought?

How do you like it?

What would you recommend?

Thanks for looking!

Re: What have you bought & how do you like it?

If I had to choose 2 sets, I would say the GG chase and the ATRT. Both reasonably priced and very cool.
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

Of the ROTS Lego sets, to date I have bought:

1) Vader transformation; like it for the price; easy to build;recommend it

2) Droid Tri-fighter; never a big fan of the small ship sets; recommened waiting until it drops in price; the Tri-fighter ship is pretty cool though

3) Ultimate lightsaber duel; The background on the box gives this set a little more life then what it looks like sitting against a plain white wall. I think it might look good in a diorama or such. I don't care for the sticks to move Anakin, and Obi-wan around with. I do like the parts that are designed to collapse if bumped. I do like the light up sabers, but when you are dueling with the figures at the end of a stick, you can't really press down on the heads to get the sabers to light.

The next two I have bought, but haven't had time to assemble yet.

4) Clone Scout Walker

5) ARC-170; can't wait to get this one together, but I am booked as far as time to get this one done, for at least the next two months.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

The 2 sets I have:

Vader Table: Would recommend it. Cheap and easy to build and looks good

Droid Tri Fighter: I love this thing. I like the way it looks. It is sturdy, built nice, went together easy. Definitly recommend it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My thoughts... (sans Ani JSF vs Vulture Droid since you already have it)

ARC-170 - Cool set, interesting build, WIDE wingspan, geared tri-foil opening not quite as smooth as Dagobah X-wing but much better than Hasbro design, clever bomb drop gimmick, a fun vehicle that's wide but still "whooshable". Lots of nifty building tricks and Technic for wing attachments means easily-removable wings.

Clone Scout Walker aka AT-RT - Not too impressed, reminded me of the AT-ST, proportions are way off, legs are limited, build was kinda dull, only "ok".

Droid Tri-Fighter - Interesting build, never done anything quite like this before, ship looks pretty good except for gap in front of brain ball, surprisingly solid compared to expectations, clear red "eyes" are very wicked, set makes a good enemy for ARC-170. Buzz Droid is nothing to write home about, oversized and not too accurate, at least shell halves can be put together using a Technic axle. I like this set a lot, but it does depend on what you think of the movie ship's design itself.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for starting this thread, aceguide. I've been wanting to do one, but what are you gonna do?

DV Transformation - Put this together just last night after having it for 2 weeks. Nice little set. Nothing spectacular since many of us have a million Vaders from the great Final Duel roundup of 2003-2004. I noticed that the scarred Vader head matches Anakins with the scar placement yet is different slightly from the OG versions. I didn't do a comparison of the torso, but they seem to be the same or very close. The FX-7 droid is meh but I guess since it's stationary it'll do. I wish a LS would have been included but we do get that nifty "wheel o' tools". There are only 5 FX-7 arms and 6 tools so you need another battle droid arm to attached it to FX-7, though I don't know what Anakin needs with an oil can. This set should have been $5, but OK they're Legos.

Ani's JSF - I"m just throwing this in for the heck of it. The best set I've opened so far (OK, out of three). The ship is flimsy compared to the EP2 JSF but has a nice design with the angled wings, solar panels, and slick landing gear. I don't like the gap between the cockpit and octagonal front panel so I just used a shorter technic bar to bridge it. Ani looks good except for the peach face and I wish we could have gotten another full R2 except for the dome. The Vulture Droid is OK and I like it better than the EP1 analog. What really pi$$es me off is the use of stickers. I hate, hate, hate them. I'll gladly pay an extra buck for the tamped pieces.

Tri-Droid Fighter - ...or whatever its name is. I can never remember right. I don't like this one nearly as much as the JSF. A very novel design--my hats off to the designers for their effort but other than that I'm not excited about it. Maybe because the buzz droid blows or that the eyes are floppy and move around on that technic axle or just because it was $15 and came with a ton of stickers. I don't know. Just wait until clearance time on this one.

Clone Scout Walker - This one looks cool but I can't give a good review cause it's still in the box. I just know it's gonna have stickers which bugs me. Funny thing about this set is that in my area (central UT) they're actually somewhat scarce. It's a cheap way to get EP3 clones, especially if you want to tie their purchase to getting free TRU MINI sets.

I'm hoping to snag some ARC and GG Chase action soon since I got some TRU coupons. Maybe the same for the wookie set. No way I'll get the final LS duel set at $30 with two lightup minifigs. The catamaran is just too lame for the price, but the tank looks nice. The mammajamma tank looks great, but $90 is too much.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Man Can
    JSF... I don't like the gap between the cockpit and octagonal front panel so I just used a shorter technic bar to bridge it.
    I didn't like that either, my solution was to slide the studded-axle it was on inwards, bringing the control stick closer to Ani.

Droid Tri-Fighter... the eyes are floppy and move around on that technic axle
    I think you must have attached the eye part wrong, the eye part attaches to a studded-axle via the stud, not the axle, which is a VERY tight fit (annoyingly so at times).

Clone Scout Walker... I just know it's gonna have stickers which bugs me.
    Nope, zero stickers. There's only 1 tampoed piece, the plate in front of the pilot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I think you must have attached the eye part wrong, the eye part attaches to a studded-axle via the stud, not the axle, which is a VERY tight fit (annoyingly so at times).
    I finally figured it out. I wondered why it was so jacked up. I had the right axle but I put it through the eye stud instead of sticking on the end. Now it fits much better. Thanks.

Nope, zero stickers. There's only 1 tampoed piece, the plate in front of the pilot.
    That's good to hear. Any other sets you know of with stickers from EP3?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I got the JSF wich was pretty cool as mentioned. Ive waited on the other oones I was going to buy because I got the Hasbro ones instead (clone walker, Arc).
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

I like the Arc fighter too. The only problem that I had with it is that you cant set it down w/ the wings open. Bought a 5 dollar tub of random legos and built a red and white colored stand for the fighter, looks nice now
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513