Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

More lousy figures

I opened up my #42-44 figures last night and they suck. I guess there's a reason why the Wookie Warrior is already warming pegs around here.

The Wookie is easily the worst of the three figures; his hands don't really want to hold all the stuff that comes with him and he needs a stand to stay up straight.

The Niemoidian is also a bad figure; there's really no good way for him to hold the weapon and he just looks kind of cheesy (like all the other Niemoidian characters).

I'm also not crazy about the Destroyer Droid, which has the firing arms like the Episode II destroyer droid, but it's got some crazy arm movements that if you're not using the figure make the arms just hang there kind of limp. He does have a new pivot point at the "waist".

So in short, if you're not an opener or a completist, these three figures are going to be pegwarmers.
    Solo (to Jordan and Bird): Check this out. Off the sail barge, around Jabba's head and into the Sarlaac. Nothing but Fett.

[url=http://highlorddave.blogspot.com]Read my blog[/url]

Sith happens.

Re: More lousy figures

You should have put this into the "reviews" section... *shrug*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well I'll agree that the Destroyer Droid is indeed junk but I have to disagree with you on the Wookie Warrior and Neimoidian Warrior as I feel they're pretty decent. Both have "Action Features" but I don't really have a problem with that since neither seem to be hampered by them like the Destroyer is.

I'm not sure I understand your problem with the Neimoidian's gun.
    Sure it's big but I've found two different ways he can hold it that look just fine.

The only thing I don't like about the Wookie Warrior is the bright orange bandolier. His stance is a bit off because of some poor leg articulation but once on a figure stand it can be overcome fairly easy. Plus there are two different color variations so you can have a more diverse army of Wookies if you'd like and if you want to get creative you can mix and match most of the parts with the Sneak Preview Wookie to add even more variety to these furry defenders of Kashyyyk.

So yeah, overall I like these two figures and think they make for good army builders, especially the Wookie.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Hey be happy at least you found them, out here in Jersey it nect to impossible to find anything higher than #32
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The Wookie looked cool, I'll probably snag him when I find him again. The other three suck.

Painting the Wookie's Bandolier might be an idea...
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

I found the Wookiee Warrior yesterday and I'd have to disagree with this thread's assumption. The bowcaster fits the same way it does on Tarfful, around his thumb so his index finger is on the trigger; the shield has a thin handle but at the bottom of that handle it gets thicker and fits well in his right hand; the pistol fits perfectly in his left hand by the back of the main ring but has to be inverted from the way the Super Soaker toy is oriented. The wookiee warrior also stands fine, needs a little adjusting in the hips and knees to get it but so does every figure, and this isn't a shaky balance here either, he's pretty solid and doesn't need an oddball pose to get there.

I like this figure, he's as tall as the preview wookiee but not so buff, he's got a different face from Chewie (even though it's in a roaring expression like all the rest) and decent arm articulation. The gimmick doesn't get in the way and the paint work is pretty good. My only complaints are that his removable bandolier is too lightly colored and too thick so it reminds me of a He-Man figure's armor; his knees are the same rotation-only design as Tarfful (thankfully without the idiotic leg pose Tarfful got); and his head isn't rubbery enough to let the ball-jointed neck do much of anything (it IS ball-jointed though, I checked).

beckmen, it wouldn't even need total painting, just some weathering to bring down the orange (the card's movie photo shows it a light leather color).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think most of this figs are better off in the package. I opened up a few and I am disappointed as well.

Well compared to the AOTC figures, these are awesome, & it takes a lot for me to say something like that. The ones I didn't like this year I passed on & the ones I did, I bought many of. The Destroyer droid is crappy, it always has been, the Wookie & Neimoidian warrior are excellent IMHO, & the more the merrier. Now where's the rest of the lot.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Other than the bright orange bandolier, the only complaint I have with the wookie, is the same thing they did with Tarful and Chewie. The articulation at the knees and elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by HighLordDave
    I opened up my #42-44 figures last night and they suck. I guess there's a reason why the Wookie Warrior is already warming pegs around here.

The Wookie is easily the worst of the three figures; his hands don't really want to hold all the stuff that comes with him and he needs a stand to stay up straight.

The Niemoidian is also a bad figure; there's really no good way for him to hold the weapon and he just looks kind of cheesy (like all the other Niemoidian characters).

I'm also not crazy about the Destroyer Droid, which has the firing arms like the Episode II destroyer droid, but it's got some crazy arm movements that if you're not using the figure make the arms just hang there kind of limp. He does have a new pivot point at the "waist".

So in short, if you're not an opener or a completist, these three figures are going to be pegwarmers.

I'm surprised you weren't kicked of this club! I'm scared to talk now!
    Maury: The DNA evidence has come back.... and LUKE.... He is your father!!!!
    Luke: NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!