Thread: Question

Question

My brother has a metal millenniun falcon from the 1977. I have not seen a price or another ship like it. It's about six inchs.

Any idea's?

PLMK

Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

Die Cast Vehicles series.

Hey there Dark Knight!

I know exactly what you are talking about. These vehicles actually started coming out around the time Kenner started the next wave of SW figures after the original 12 (late 1978/early 1979). This vehicle in question was part of the Die Cast vehicles series.

The series eventually included these ships (the ones with a "*" are the ones I have):

X-Wing*
    T.I.E. Fighter*
    Darth Vader's T.I.E. Fighter*
    Landspeeder*
    Y-Wing
    Millennium Falcon
    Slave 1*
    Snowspeeder
    Star Destroyer with Blockade Runner
    Twin-Pod Cloud Car

The series, to the best of my recollection was discontinued after ESB, which gave way to the Micro Collection. None of the ships were really in scale with each other. I suppose the only ones in scale with each other were the fighters, the Cloud Car and the Slave 1. I can't recall for sure, but the Snowspeeder and the Landspeeder were probably a pretty close match as well. The Star Destroyer had a sliding door over the docking area and a little teeny Blockade Runner could be placed in there by its peg.

The smaller ships were around the $2.99-$3.49 price point and the larger ships (even the Y-Wing) were priced around $6.99.

Aren't you glad you asked??
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I had the Star destoryer,Y-Wing and the Falcon. Boy, I wish I still had them now.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Re: Die Cast Vehicles series.

Thanks for answering so quickly Jedipartnr. I have another question.How much is the falcon worth today or where could I found out?

Thanks

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    The smaller ships were around the $2.99-$3.49 price point and the larger ships (even the Y-Wing) were priced around $6.99.

Aren't you glad you asked??

Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

Arrow

Wasn't the TIE Bomber included in the Die Cast series too, JEDIpartnr? That's one of the most expensive toys in the Kenner line. I had a friend who had the Falcon, Star Destroyer (cool bottom hatch feature), and Y-Wing. I loved going to his house to play! All my friends had cooler SW toys than me, but only I am addicted to collecting and talking about them today! Take that, you mature, well-adjusted, family-raising, normal life-living citizens!

By the way, the 2nd edition of the Tomart's Price Guide to Worldwide SW Collectibles has the Falcon at $195 MIMB, or $550 MIMB w/ a special background insert. I'm sure SSG's price guide here could have helped you, too. Lookit here!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega