Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Any Metalheads out there?

Not to sway this in another direction but I was a huge 'Headbanger Ball' watcher back in high school. Used to stay up late on saturday and watch it almost every week. Some more that came to mind ...

C.O.C.
    Kiss
    Savatage
    Scorpions
    Alice in Chains (1st album mostly)
    Queensryche

My first concert was Scorpions here in Buffalo. Floor, 6th row, left center was my seat. They came with Trixter and Great White. Was an awesome concert.
    I also remember watching cover bands whenever I had the chance. Used to see 'Battery' (Metallica cover band) every few months. They were very good. Also used to play an original set before they did the Metallica tunes. All in all very fun night for music.

Anyone have the new COC album yet? I've read some reviews that were really positive.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

My friend bought the new C.O.C. at the Motorhead show where C.o.C. opened for them, haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet though...
    I was never much of a fan of said band but they but on a pretty solid set, and the guitarist joined MOTORHEAD for their closing encore, "OVERKILL" (in case you ain't seen 'em live, they ALWAYS close with that one)
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    Haven't seen Gamma Ray or Helloween mentioned yet though
    you obviously missed Helloween in my first post. and Gamma Ray are great to. "Powerplant" is one hell of a metal album.

out of all the genres of metal, i would have to pick Thrash as the best. it's my personal fav, and just has the raw power and intensity that i look for in metal. but i enjoy most of the genres such as power, speed, black, death, melo-death, nwobhm, viking/folk. i'm against any form of nu metal and all of this mtv junk that has made it's way into the metal world. what a disgrace to the scene. \m/
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

darko666: What exactly is your interpetation of Nu Metal?? I get sick of hearing that term used. Metal is metal. Be it crossover, thrash, death, hair/80's, math, gothic, industrial. I like different kinds of metal. I personally don't like death metal but wouldn't go as far as saying it sucks or anything else derogatory about it. To me that is an insult to the whole metal genre and all of its fans.

Cool Re: Any Metalheads out there?

I think of metal and all metalheads as a brotherhood. Warriors of the world who unite with one purpose. To mosh and thrash with whatever kind of metal they want. Remember brothers, we all stand together in the end.

" MAY THE GODS OF HEAVY METAL SHINE UPON US ALL."

Question Re: Any Metalheads out there?

Has anyone seen Manowar in concert? Are they any good? Are there shows anything like there videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Monstermile
    darko666: What exactly is your interpetation of Nu Metal??
    my interpertation along with many other metalheads i know of think of nu(meaning the "new" metal bands)- metal as bands like Korn, Slipknot, Disturbed and any other band that fits into this catergory. because, in all fairness, the bands i just listed aren't in fact metal. thats what i believe to be "nu".

and i don't care what anybody says otherwise, if you want to listen to it, go ahead, i'm not stopping you. but i hope the kids of today that listen to that, look back to the past and at least see where the real talent is. and i don't see myself as an insult to the metal scene as you so put it. because if i am, then there are a lot of other metalheads that are an insult to the metal scene. a lot.
    Last edited by darko666; 05-17-2005 at 11:18 PM.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by DARKNESSETRNL
    Has anyone seen Manowar in concert? Are they any good? Are there shows anything like there videos?
    Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of seeing Manowar. But I used to be really into them, and I often threaten to sing a karaoke version of Achilles: Agony and Ecstasy in 8 parts if the opportunity ever arises.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

Quote Originally Posted by trandoshan666
    Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of seeing Manowar. But I used to be really into them, and I often threaten to sing a karaoke version of Achilles: Agony and Ecstasy in 8 parts if the opportunity ever arises.
    Dont be knocking Man o War... I was kinda hoping they would use Achilles: Agony and Ecstacsy in the movie TROY. Imagine a cameo with them playing it in the midst of a battle sceene. That would rock.

I dont think Disturbed Korn ect. really fit in metal new or no. They all borrow to much from each other and loose thier induviduality as an enity. Slipknot is rap style lyric with guitar and some wicked drums and bass to cover it up. They mix way to much to be called metal.... their last album was almost pop-ish. I would rather. My tastes, alas have left the states and moved on to Swedish and Norwiegan Metal and even futher into Black metal. With a few exceptions, everything from the states now a days sounds the same.

Nu metal is more like Shadows fall and Mastadon, They have been around for a few albums, but there sound is starting to catch on.
    Last edited by Bossk77; 05-18-2005 at 02:17 AM. Reason: forgot nu metal. lol
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...