Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Any Metalheads out there?

So who's a metalhead? I have always been and probably always will be. What are your favorite metal bands?

Some of my alltime favorties are:
    -Iron Maiden (early stuff is great and a few of the later albums)
    -Metallica (mostly from the pre-Load days)
    -Megadeth (most of their stuff is great)
    -Judas Priest (all of it is good, although the latest album is a step back)
    -Black Sabbath (most is great)
    -Testament (never heard the later stuff but overall a great band)
    -Pantera (RIP Diamond Darrell)
    -Prong (some is great, some not so great)
    -Sepultura (early stuff is awesome)

Just recently started getting into Overkill. Good riffs and music. Singer is kinda annoying but the music is good.

Re: Any Metalheads out there?

Been into metal since first hearing Iron Maiden back in 1981. They are still one of my all time favorites. I do like a wide varity of metal now. Some more of my faves:

Anthrax (fan since the early 80's)
    Metallica (same as above...seen them live 11 times)
    Disturbed
    Godsmack
    Mushroomhead
    Mudvayne
    Mnemic
    Slayer
    Monster Magnet
    Soulfly
    Stone Sour
    Danzig
    Pantera (pre The Great Southern Trendkill)
    Soil
    Static-X

Dang, forgot to mention Anthrax. Besides that dumb song with public enemy they've stuck to their guns over the years.

Slayer is cool too although the Satanic thing is a bit overdone.

I love just about all of the bands you guys listed. When I was in high school, I was really into Pantera, Danzig, Sepultura and for whatever reason, bands like Carcass and Obituary. These days, Danzig is the only one of those I still listen to. Oddly, I found the stub from my favorite metal concert Metallica, Danzig and Suicidal Tendencies this Sunday.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

I saw that show too: Metallica, Danzig, and ST in Darien Center, NY.

My heaviest show I ever saw was Testament with Forbidden in Buffalo. It was during their 'Low' tour.

I saw Metallica/Danzig/ST as well. It was at the Mann Music Center in Philly. ST was a real disappointment I must say.

vader121: I really don't like Slayer when they were into the whole Satanic thing even though most say they were at their best then. I had Hell Awaits at one time. Just not my thing. I'm more into everything past Seasons in the Aybss

I am metal through and through, always have always will be.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

i've been listening to metal ever since i heard my moms Black Sabbath albums when i was a kid.

some of the bands that i enjoy listening to:

Iron Maiden, Slayer, Motorhead, Kreator, Sodom, Metallica(old), Megadeth, Anthrax, Metal Church(R.I.P. David Wayne), Coroner, Carcass, At The Gates, Manticora, Manowar, Testament, Overkill, Heathen, Exodus, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Death, Mercyful Fate, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Sepultura(when they were thrash), Napalm Death... and the list goes on.

only "real" metal will do, not the "nu" stuff.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Monstermile
    I really don't like Slayer when they were into the whole Satanic thing even though most say they were at their best then. I had Hell Awaits at one time. Just not my thing. I'm more into everything past Seasons in the Aybss
    everything after Seasons is their worst material IMO. how could you not like the "Reign In Blood" album? but i guess everybody has their diff. tastes in metal. be it good or bad.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

My favorite:

King Diamond (who I saw this past weekend, killer show)
    Iron Maiden ( Up the Irons! )
    Obituary
    Overkill
    Obsession
    Metallica (master of puppets and below)
    Helloween (old and some new)
    Slayer (old and new)
    And to many more to mention. All metal Rules!