View Poll Results: Are you going to call in sick to see Episode III?

Voters
332. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm gonna call in sick

148 44.58%
  • I am considering it, but not sure

31 9.34%
  • Probably not, I'll get in trouble

22 6.63%
  • Nope, why bother?

82 24.70%
  • Other

49 14.76%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are you going to call in sick to see Episode III?

With the final Star Wars film opening this Thursday, it is estimated that American businesses will lose over $600 million due to employees taking the day off to see Episode III. If you are reading this, chances are good that you too will be taking Thursday the 19th off of work or school because you're... uh... sick, yeah, that's it, you're not *cough cough* feeling well at all.

So, with Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith being released this Thursday, are you going to play hookey to see the movie?

Re: Are you going to call in sick to see Episode III?

Hey JT could you make a "if you used a vacation day" option? and if so could you move my vote from "yes" to that. I wasn't planning on missing work but after I bought the tickets then I started to realize that if I see the movie at 12:01 and the movie is 2:20 plus the 10 minutes of previews, then talking about the movie with friends for a bit, then driving home should put me at 3:00am. Since I get up at 6:15 to get to work the more I thought about it the less I wanted to do it so I firgured I had the time so I took it. Who knows maybe I'll get up and see it again if the mood strikes me.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

If I had tickets for the Thursday night showing then I would probably take a day off. I can't function well unless I get a minimum of 6 hours sleep. However, I have tickets for an 11:00 p.m. showing on Friday night which means I will not have to take off work on that day nor the next (cuz I don't work the next morning).
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I voted "Nope, why bother?" because i plan on using my vacation hours on Thursday, and even a take a couple of hours off on Wed. so that i can go wait in line at the cinema. Im so stoked, its just days away!
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Nope, why bother. Although I can't wait to see the movie, it is not worth sleep deprivation or a vacation day to see it Thursday at midnight or day. I have plans Thursday night. I work Friday and am going to Billy Idol Friday night. Depending how drunk and stupid I get at Idol, I may go out and catch a late showing Friday night, otherwise I will see it on Saturday or Sunday.

I voted "Nope, why bother?" because my supervisor is gonna let me take a long lunch and I even think he's gonna go with me and a couple of other guys to see it. Only 2 days left.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I took a vacation this week

I bribed my boss. He let me have off if I bought him a ticket also for the 12:01 showing on wedneday.

I start leave tomorrow. My commander asked why, and I told it was to spend time with my girlfriend. At the end of the the day yesterday he came and told me he had found me out. We are both Star Wars fans, it just sucks we can't hang out after work.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Nope, why bother.

being i'm leaving for Florida on monday to go to my last year of college, i did my last day of work on friday. so i have this whole week off to see episode III and enjoy it before i leave. can't wait. \m/
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist