Sometimes games fail to live up to the hype, or up to the standard set by it precursor. Spending $50 for a clunker is a real downer- so which games were real burners for you?
1. Zelda II: the Adventures of Link will always be the biggest downer. It gets points for trying, but the combat mode just didn't cut it. And the graphics were awful!
2. Star Wars: Force Commander The first game in which we could command AT-ATs was seriously bad, considering all of the delays and hype. The camera feature was pretty amazing at the time, but I rarely used it. I would put it in one place and leave it. Fortunately, Galactic Battlegrounds succeeded where FC failed.
3. Super Mario Brothers 2 tucked between two of the awesomest NES games ever was this strange abberation. Having multiple palyable characters was a new(?) wrinkle, but it was real let down, considering how great the original was.
4. Altered Beast the pack in with the Genesis had the luxury of having graphics that blew aqay what we were used to, but my kid brother beat it on like the first try, and he sucked. Waaaaayyyy to easy- and low replayability
5. E.T. I couldn't leave out the most notorious game of all! for you younger folks, this ATARI game was mystifying. You would just move ET from screen to screen and nothing_would_happen. It gets dull after about two minutes. ATARI deserved death for this outrage!