Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've asked this before, but......

nobody had an answer. So, can anyone tell me why 2 people claim to have the Obi-Wan/Gungan sub (micro-machine pack-in) Trophy set in the Price Guide, yet to my understanding this was never released?...........or was it? That's the Trophy set, not the Obi-Wan/Scout sub..........

Answer A: They are lying through their flesh eating teeth.

Answer B: They have somehow, someway, accuired the prototype.

Answer C: It was released, and EVERYONE completely missed it.

Take your pick.
    But as near as I can tell, the thing got to the proto phase and Episode 1 glut helped kill it. All we got was Maul from the assortment.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Despite being a collector's magazines, they don't really pay enough attention to every single toy line to make certain it is 100% accurate. As a result, they somtimes include figures that have been cancelled, is a future release, etc. Another reason it could be included in the magazine is that sometimes figures, including unreleased figures, make it to the secondary market through e-bay, etc., which maybe the case here.

It's probably the same phenomenon where people claim to have bought a rocket-firing Boba Fett right off the pegs in 1979. Either they are mistaken, have been fooled, or are just lying to try to impress people.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'll take "A" as the answer....which was most logical to me in the first place. Yeah, a prototype is "possible", but.......

thanks....

I believe they are talking about the Obi Wan with Gungan Scout sub(The middle sized figure hight vehicle that came in the Maul w/Sith probe Speeder,Jar Jar w/cannon box series)

I believe your talking about that (other) wet Obi Wan that was on the grey platform and came with a micro machine Sub,never came out

Dont get confused!!!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I'm not confused.......hence the reason I said:

".......That's the Trophy set, not the Obi-Wan/Scout sub.........."

in the first post!

Look in the Price Guide under "Trophy" for "Episode 1".....2 guys claim to have it! THEY are confused or lying, which in either case a smack on the back of the head is in order.

A few painted versions do exist and are probably in collectors hands now.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

emperor howdy,

toy fair magazine has had lott dodd in thier price guide for a while, last time i checked. he has never been released.

It is quite possible that it was a prototype that had a limited carded run. The company probably printed a few, decided it wouldn't sell real well, and stopped production. Who knows, perhaps the employees were allowed to take them home. Hence some people have them. In any case I wouldn't collect it because it never saw a general release. I'm not into the whole prototype thing.

They could also be mixing up the Gungan Sub w/ Obi-Wan that was in the Jar-Jar and Battle Droid Invasion waves. Those are my speculations at least.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."