Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Matching

Price Matching

I see that toysrus.com have some items marked down (for example, the RC-170 for $24.99) . Is this the price thay also charge in their stores? If not, will they match it?

Will Walmart match their on-line prices?

Re: Price Matching

Not sure If they will price match(probably not) but there prices are better than the stores especially for vehicles they charge $15 for the $20 ones while the ad listed them as $17
    Last edited by Strategist; 05-18-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tgr3328
    I see that toysrus.com have some items marked down (for example, the RC-170 for $24.99) . Is this the price thay also charge in their stores? If not, will they match it?

Will Walmart match their on-line prices?
    I know that the TRU stores will not price match ads. I tried that yesterday and was shot down. I bet the same will apply with tru.com.

I don't know about WM.com and WM. I wanted to price match the Lego JSF at the store cause the WM website had them for $5 cheaper but since they didn't show up in stores around here until 4/2 I just gave up on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they would match it. When my wife goes shopping for groceries there and price matches, the cashiers don't bother looking at the competitors ads. Makes you wonder what you could get away with if they don't use any sort of guidelines.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I tried to get the local WM to match their website prices on DVDs but they wouldn't do it. I've never tried it with toys.

Anytime I asked about price matching I've been told the tiem had to be in an ad, which SW stuff rarely is.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but I was shopping @ TRU yesterday and when I went to check out, I tried to get them to price match on a couple of things and they told me that TRU has stopped price matching all together.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

That's their new policy, it's posted on signs all over the stores in my areas, with a brief explanation of why they're going to concentrate on everyday low prices (apologies WM ) instead of pricematching.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, they don't have it posted in my store. It doesn't make any sense either. Why would you not pricematch your competitors?

I have also heard that WM may stop pricematching. If they do this, then that means they would have to abandon their entire "Always" ad campaign.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I hope WM doesnt stop price matching, I have used it heavily in the last two months getting all my figures and deluxes priced matched to Targets sales.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

They'd stop pricematching because major retailers like Target and WM are putting items on sale below their own cost to entice customers into the store, "loss leaders", which TRU cannot really afford to do. Those policies of the 2 big chains, WM especially, have hampered the TRU chain heavily over the last few years and have nearly put them out of business. What's ironic is that TRU created the whole market of year-round toys as well as fueling mainstream toy collecting as a hobby, if they go under the toy industry will nosedive and Target & WM will end up with less toys and higher prices.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.