Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

So... now that you've seen it, what did you think?????

just got out of the midnight showing, and i have to say that was the best star wars movie ever. my fiance cried three times. i really felt the emotion in this one as well. i thought the acting was the best of the three prequels, and the way palpatine goaded anakin along his path to the dark side was completely plausible to me.
    Last edited by darthvyn; 05-19-2005 at 02:51 AM.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Re: So... now that you've seen it, what did you think?????

During the funeral I was thinking, "Show Boss Nass, show Boss Nass, do it . . . come on . . . there he is!"

Best ever? Oh, hmm, I really liked it, though a lot of the Anakin/Padme dialogue made me shake my head. I did clench my fist in celebration at the slaying of the Younglings. If only they had been wearing those silly helmets at the moment, too. Sam Jackson's performance kept taking me out of the movie, too. Holy zombie Jesus, was I glad to see him get taken out the way he did.

That aside, I was happy and it was all I had expected. No big surprises since I have been rolling in the spoilers for a long while. Definitely the best of the three prequels (though that may not be saying much to some people, they know who they are), but I cannot call it the best SW film. That's still 4 and 5 (it switches) for me, though I pretty much enjoy all the films and have no problems watching any of them.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

i also just got back from the midnight showing. i have to say that i am speechless. there was so much to take in. but i will say that i was very pleased with the way this movie played out. it was def. the most emotional out of the 3, but that was a given. it is the ESB of the prequel trilogy. i was also glad to see that the dialouge was better in this than the other 2 films. it wasn't great, but it has improved. the part of the movie where the clone troopers are given order 66 and attack the jedi, is amazing and when they show Yoda durning the scene, you can just feel the pain he feels. quite simply my fav. scene in the movie.

i'm seeing the movie another 3 times later on today, so i will have more to express after fully taking it all in. it was good to see Vader again and hear his voice.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

I loved this movie. So much to absorb on the first viewing, but still quite the experience. I did not sit back once during the film, for I was so engulfed in what I was seeing before me.
    Going to go back and watch it again later today.....perhaps will catch some things I missed. Overall very happy with this movie.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

So so good.

Loved it. Thought it might be more emotional than it was. I found the scnes with Anakin's mother mroe moving in Episodes I and II. But I sure got goosebumps throughout the movie, amazing stuff. Will be back to see it again soon.

Wasn't so keen on Grievous though - he didn't seem to add anything to the movie at all.

Awesome. Quite simply, it was amazing.

The movie had a much faster pace than AOTC (fell asleep twice trying to watch that one this week), and I found it to be more artsy than the other tow. Great panning shots, etc.

I love the Frankenstein homage at the end with Vader. I was caught off guard when he let out that wail, but I guess I just wasn't expecting the number one bad dude of all-time to do that. I love it, though.

And the twin suns scene on Tatooine? Great stuff.

I'm going again tomorrow!
    OH THE HUMANITY
    brutal metal/hardcore
    [url]www.myspace.com/ohthehumanity[/url]

Just got out myself....Hhhmmph. Where to start.

This is a tough one to swallow...and I think I'm gonna need a couple more viewings! Initial reaction: Looked amazing! However, I had no emotional reactions what-so-ever. Too much CG was very distracting, The scenes passed faster than gas from a short order cook(also very distracting and the reason why I think I felt no emotional responses), and story..the story...

I'm gonna need a couple more viewings.

Last edited by The 'Xir; 05-19-2005 at 03:34 AM.
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by RussUAE
    Wasn't so keen on Grievous though - he didn't seem to add anything to the movie at all.
    thats Lucas's trademark with new villians. i enjoyed the scenes with him, but there was something missing. ah, but thats what the deleted scenes are for.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

AWESOME!
    Excellent movie! It brought back the magic. Loved the humor in the beginning and the tragedy at the end. Most of the complaints I have seem to be over cut scenes. Where was Yoda arriving on Degobah? How about actually HEARING qui-gon? talking to Yoda? Where was Shak TI? The making of book shows her being killed by Grevious in one scene and by ANikin in another. Yet, she was never shown. How about Luminara?

And why did ANi continue to turn after attacking MAce when Palp tells him right there that HE does NOT know the power to keep people from dying? Shouldn't that have been enough to stop him?wasn't R2's memory wiped? Why does force lightning deform the emperor? Didn't bother ANi or Luke. WHat gives? How come Obi "doesn't seem to remember R2" in EP IV? Why is Obi so old after only 19 years? How can Leia remember her mother? She died when I was very young? Uh, yeah..a BABY!
    I think Hayden did a great job.
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

Oh, and for fighting style I don't think it topped The Phantom Menace. All the sabre stuff was almost too fast.

But I liked the fact there was relationship between the characters, so that they could talk to each other, that is what makes it better, like it the OT.