Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Order 66.....hardwired command?

First off.....INCREDIBLE!!!!

Now, on to other things. We have all seen what occurs with Order 66. My question, is this hardwired into the Clone Troopers as some sort of hidden agenda that is triggered by hearing that phrase? It appears that it goes into effect almost immediately after gaining his emperor title. My opinion is that it is.....

Of course I haven't played the game, read the book or comics, so I could be wrong on all of this

Opinions?

Re: Order 66.....hardwired command?

Also, seems rather biblical too!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Judging from what I saw and read, Order 66 is the SW equivalent of "Directive 4" in Robocop--a hidden command routine hardwired into the clones without their or anyone else's knowledge (except Palpatine and maybe Dooku)>
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Simply put: They are subordinates and their master issued a command. I don't see how anything more can be made of it.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

That's how I thought of it. They're simply bred for fighting and have no allegiances except to the commanding officer giving the orders which in this case is Palpatine.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    That's how I thought of it. They're simply bred for fighting and have no allegiances except to the commanding officer giving the orders which in this case is Palpatine.
    Well put, my thoughts as well.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    Simply put: They are subordinates and their master issued a command. I don't see how anything more can be made of it.
    I think what the original poster was getting at was the fact that all the Clones immediately knew what "Order 66" meant. Obviously, they were simply obeying their master. The groundwork for that was laid out in AOTC when Lama Su mentioned terms like "more docile", "totally obedient", and "following any order without question."

However, I doubt Palpatine actually took the commanders aside during the Clone Wars and said "Pssst!! If you ever hear me say Order 66, go kill your Jedi generals. Don't tell anyone. See you later."

The codeword had to have been conditioned into them. The Kaminoans likely did that but without knowing the substance of the order.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I think it was already etched into their breeding as well. But how do they go from taking orders from the Jedi (namely Yoda), to taking them from Palpatine so quickly.

Simply how they were trained. You could kinda relate it to the real world by using the Italians in WWII. They "turned" on the Germans after being there ally for 4 years of war. *shrug*

I personally liked how Cody turned on Obi-Wan. It showed the ruthlessness of the order in how they seemed like friends then all of sudden he's trying to kill Ben.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I thought all the scenes of the jedi being destroyed were great-the music fit perfectly with the tone of that part of the movie...

Man, I love discussing the movie, but I hate this! I cant see ROTS again this weekend
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513